Do you love the Lake District? Are you looking for fleixble hours in a beautiful location? Do you love engaging with people? If so working at Sticklebarn could be for you. Nestled in the beautiful Langdale Valley it’s an adventure playground of rugged slopes, craggy summits and a cracking pint! As the only pub managed and run by the National Trust, this isn’t a traditional pub and we do things a little differently; with fire pits, blankets, board games, mulled cider and hearty campfire food.
This role is based on annualised hours, where the amount of hours you work each month may vary, however your salary will be paid in 12 equal instalments over the year.
What it's like to work here
Sticklebarn is a very exciting place to be this year we were finalists in the Outdoor Pub of the Year Award and we have refurbished parts of the Bank Barn to take Sticklebarn back to its origins. We now have the 'Hay Loft’ upstairs which used to be a community family space and is now a hive of activity with crafternoons, family movie screenings, mountain heritage suppers, community ceilidhs and race checkpoints! Our traditional bar downstairs is a place where you can relax with a quiet pint from some of our local suppliers, dry your clothes by the fire and play a board game.
As one of our Customer Service Leaders you will be a key part of our team. You will be the face of the National Trust in Langdale. All of our profits go back in to looking after the beautiful valley and through our team fundraising, you will be helping to raise money for projects to help our Langdale Rangers do even more to look after such a special place, which you can be proud of forever. This year we have raised money to plant new trees in the High Close Arboretum which the team will be able to watch grow throughout their lives and always remind them of their time in Langdale.
What you'll be doing
You will be working within the team of customer service leaders and assistants delivering fantastic service to our visitors. You will support others in achieving targets, training and mentoring our seasonal team, supervising the shift in the Assistant Managers absence, help to identify opportunities to drive visitor experience and be alert on food hygiene standards.
You may be engaging with visitors helping them plan their day, working on the bar or supporting an event. There may be 200 visitors on our terrace enjoying drinks and fire cooked food and you will be able to work at pace delivering great visitor experience but also offer a great personal welcome in quieter times.
We work 1950 hours across the year, which is 37.5 per week but we work them a little differently. This is done by working more in the high season months and less in the winter and being flexible to the needs of the business. The team usually work from 25 hours per week in the low season, to a maximum of 48 hours during the peak. The annualised contract means that your salary stays the same across the whole year.
Please also read the full role profile, attached to this advert.
Who we're looking for
To be successful in this role you will work with and lead your team, to deliver exceptional customer service with our cause at the forefront of your mind:
You'll need to be;
- Previous experience of working within a high paced environment.
- Passionate about food
- Strong people skills, enabling good communication with our visitors.
- An inspirational leader
- Confident supervising teams - rota’s, managing absence, giving feedback
- Aware of Health & Safety compliance requirements
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
- Customer Service
- Team Leader
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job