The Shared Services Organisation requires an Assistant Manager to lead the HR Helpdesk team. The primary function of this role is management of all HR contact, including inbound and outbound interactions primarily from our employee group (circa 15,000). The role involves managing escalations, and supporting staff to deliver excellent service in line with process requirements whilst ensuring service level agreements are met. The role also involves providing additional support to the wider Service Desks and operational areas if required.Role description
The role is managing a team of people providing HR support and guidance on a wide range of queries from leavers, joiners, current and former employees as well providing first line HR support to our people managers. Contact types include both inbound and outbound telephone, email and webchat interactions. The desk currently handles approximately 8,000 interactions per month.Location
Milton Keynes, with agile workingHours
Full Time, between 8am and 6pm, Monday - FridayResponsibilitiesService
Take an active role in driving the overall customer service strategy within the HR Helpdesk
- Take a holistic view of resources to ensure that staffing levels are appropriate across locations to manage peaks in workload.
- Take a lead on managing customer complaints and highlighting opportunity for process improvements. Actively managing actions that are required to prevent recurrence and taking ownership for implementing improvements where appropriate
- Meet with stakeholders to discuss service levels and identify service improvements
- Management of inbound and outbound interactions with employees via telephone, email and webchat.
- Maintain a high first time fix rate and meet other key deliverables and KPI’s - Targets for KPIs and SLAs are monitored and are the prime responsibility of the Team Leader
- Input in to the year-end budget process and monitor adherence to the budget month on month
- Take responsibility for keeping up to date with HR policy and process developments, sharing experience with the team to increase their knowledge, skill and competence within the role.
- Identify process issues/opportunities for improvement and automation and identify solutions to resolve them utilising the CSI methodology.
- Ensure compliance with appropriate Data Protection legislation at all times.
- Contribute to wider Shared Service Organisation initiatives as required.
- Co-ordinate and chair Team Meetings, deliver briefings.
- Liaison with other Shared Services Organisation teams as appropriate
- Actively manage a team within the Shared Services Organisation on a day to day basis including coaching, training, management of timekeeping, holidays and sickness, organisation of the rota, resource planning, and ensuring service level agreements and targets are met.
- Performance management of a team, including check-ins, coaching, providing feedback, and dealing with absence management and return to work interviews.
- Ensure work is appropriately distributed and completed within the team accurately and in a timely manner.
- Point of contact for escalation of more complex issues from the team.
- To deputise for the management team during periods of absence.
- Continually looks to improve knowledge of clients and the business, and how to make a difference
- Successfully builds client relationships
- Can identify issues and devise and implement effective solutions
- Influence clients to make appropriate decisions
- Can develop long term relationships with clients
- Applies knowledge of competitors and market trends in practice
- Displays professional approach at all times
- Is able to produce strategically sound ideas and share them with key stakeholders to get results
- Actively promotes change, the CSI process and implements suggestions/process changes
- Is able to give constructive regular feedback and coach people to achieve their best
- Can anticipate and take action to remove barriers to achieve results
- Supports others to reach their goals
- Promotes teamwork
- Shows genuine interest in others
- Demonstrates honesty, integrity and transparency when dealing with others
- Is comfortable in taking own decisions
- Can multi-task
- Always considers risk implications on actions taken
- Has experience of managing budgets
- Has analytical skills
- Experience of the core Microsoft Office packages is essential
- Team management experience required
- HR experience desirable but not essential
You are here: Internal Client Services
Internal Client Services (ICS) contributes to the success of Deloitte through six departments: Clients & Markets, Finance & Legal, Human Resources, IT Services, Property & Corporate Services and the Shared Services Organisation. There is no such thing as a 'typical’ ICS person or job. The work we do is as varied as our people are diverse: administrators, artwork designers, accountants, advisors, audio-visual technicians, business analysts, building surveyors, bilingual secretaries. ICS teams are based across the UK, Switzerland and India, all sharing a common goal of providing outstanding support to Deloitte and its people.About DeloitteOur Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
For a full job description please click apply
Requisition code: 142108
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job