- Are you a problem solver?
- Do you like helping people?
- Are you a good communicator?
- Can you step up in a stressful situation?
We have 2 Customer Service Executive positions available - Permanent and Temporary (Maternity Cover). Please make sure you include which position are you applying for on the Application.
Why work for Iglu/Planet Cruise?
- The UK’s #1 Ski Specialist Travel Agency.
- The UK’s #1 Independent Cruise Specialist Travel Agency
- Multiple Benefits: Travel Discounts, Pension Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Cycle To Work Scheme.
- Online Travel Agency of the Year 2016 (5th year in a row) - CLIA Cruise Awards.
- Travel employer of the year 2016 - WorkAdvisor
Main purpose of the role:
Iglu.com is a specialist online ski & cruise travel agency and we are looking for people who are passionate about delivering the highest standards of service to our customers.
Due to our phenomenal growth, we are seeking to expand our Customer Service team.
The post holder will ensure the high levels of customer service are maintained. They will handle calls and emails from customers once their booking is completed and will deal with any additions and alterations to bookings. They will communicate with sales staff and suppliers to rectify any problems which may have arisen. Experience in a similar Customer Service role or in the Travel industry is preferable.
Reports to: Customer Service Team Leader
- Effectively fulfilling the booking once the sale has been made
- Answering customer queries by phone and email
- Resolving problems of customers on holiday
- Calming and advising customers appropriately
- Handling of customer complaints
- Liaising with tour operators
- Negotiating between our customers and operators
- Completing additions and amendments to bookings
- Logging notes of all communication
- Ancillary Sales and seeking up-selling opportunities
- Cross-selling clients to alternative holidays
- Identifying and rectifying causes of problems
- To undertake any other duties or projects commensurate with the nature and grade of this post as required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally at all levels
- Strong understanding of our products
- PC literate - knowledge of Word and Excel
- Basic knowledge of ABTA/ATOL regulations
- Professional nature
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and independently
- Organisational skills and ability to multi-task
- Proactive & enthusiastic
- Team player
Due to the number of applications only successful candidates will be contacted.
This job description is not exhaustive and serves only to highlight the main requirements of the post holder. The line manager may stipulate other reasonable requirements. The job description will be reviewed regularly and may be subject to change.
- Customer Queries
- Customer Service
- Time Management
- Written Communication