Customer Service Officer - HSBC - £17,250 starting salary
Are you looking for a role where you can truly make a difference to our customer's lives?
If the answer is yes, then this is the role for you. Working as part of our mortgage family you will be speaking with customers and helping them achieve their goal of a new mortgage, you will be the first point of contact for our customers to help them achieve their hopes, dreams and ambitions when it comes to house buying. There is no bigger purchase than a new home.
The great news is you do not need any previous mortgage, banking or contact centres experience, what we're really interested in is a genuine passion for going above-and-beyond for our customers - everything else we can teach you!
Our Hamilton Contact Centre offers great facilities such as an on-site gym, nursery, restaurant, coffee shop and free on-site parking. We have a dedicated team focused on creating an enjoyable working environment and organising regular social events.
We offer a free shuttle bus for all employees to and from East Kilbride (Whirlies roundabout and the Civic Centre) the following train stations: Blantyre and Motherwell and also Hamilton Bus station and Burnbank Bus stop. The service runs throughout our opening hours and coincides with when shifts start and finish to make your journey easier
When you join our team, from day one you'll have access to a competitive benefits package, including:
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Bupa healthcare for you and your family worth up to £775
- A market-leading employer pension contribution of up to 17% *
- Life assurance (4x base salary)
- 25 days' holiday, plus 8 public and bank holidays - with the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days
- My Choice - our flexible benefits scheme
- A dress-down policy, so you can come to work dressed how you feel comfortable (within reason!)
We're looking for people with personality, drive and ambition, and basically people people, on a full time basis to join our inbound customer service teams.
What will I be doing as a Customer Service Officer?
- You will answer inbound calls from our customers and help them with their mortgage and banking enquiries
- Building a friendly rapport with our customers by truly listening to their needs you will support them with the products and services that are right for them
- Bringing a good sense of fun and humour to the role is essential too!
- You will receive a full induction and training program designed to get you up to speed on the systems we use and the products and services we offer
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Experience in a relevant environment i.e. front-line Customer Services.
- A proven track record of understanding your customers' needs and delivering excellent customer service.
- Strong professional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience of working with rules and regulations.
- Consistently achieved objectives set and taken action to improve your own performance
- This role will require you to work 35 hours per week.
The department opening hours are 8.00am to 9:00pm, Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 8:00pm Saturday and 9:00am to 6:00pm Sunday. You will be allocated a working pattern within these hours.
You'll start on a salary of £17,250 and since we're passionate about you and career progression, we will ensure you go through a really thorough induction programme during your first 10 weeks.
However, the training doesn't stop there, being part of our mortgage family, if you have the drive and determination to progress we will support you and within 2 years you could be a qualified Mortgage Manager.
So, do you want a career rather than just a job? Some of our most successful senior employees started their careers in our Contact Centre.
*Pension core contribution of 10% on first £20,100 of pensionable salary and 9% on any remaining salary over £20,100 plus 7% matching contributions
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Bank Plc.