My clent is a multi - national Freight Forwarding company
Reporting to the Customer Service Supervisor for Asia and working closely with the Operations team.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Customer Service Coordinator acts as first point of contact for the customer and resolves any problems or concerns with the receiving, storing and shipping of goods.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use the most appropriate method of communication when being the first point of contact for all customers;
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key customers to develop more business opportunities;
- Communicate with customers to obtain information to ensure correct measures are in place and all customer needs are met;
- Liaise with customers and the Customs Department to ensure all documents are received within the designated time frame;
- Coordinate with overseas agents/partners to effectively monitor progress of customer orders and update the customer accordingly;
- Support the Sales team by handling, processing and following up rate quotations within timescales set by Management;
- Pro-actively place calls with customers, assisting them with any problems they may have providing advice on all ETA’s, vessel details, expected deliveries and any other requirements they may require in a professional manner;
- Be a focal point for all queries from Key Account Customers;
- Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the departmen
- Work with the operations team to continually improve processes and business performance;
- Support changes in the role necessary to take the department and business forward;
- Work to achieve personal objectives set at appraisal and/or those set monthly or quarterly.
- Customer Service
- Ocean Freight
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job