Customer Service Consultant (No Shifts / No Sales)
Bournemouth- £18,300 starting salary
9am - 5pm Monday to Friday About Capita | Life and Pensions
We are Capita, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through bespoke, quality solutions, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
We are currently looking for Customer Service Consultants to work in our Life and Pensions team based in our Bournemouth (Holdenhurst Road) office
The hours are standard business hours 9:00am to 5:00pm - Monday to Friday, with a 30 minute lunch break. NO SHIFT WORK / NO SALES.
As a Customer Services Consultant, you will report to the Contact Centre Manager and work as part of a team to support the business by undertaking complex queries and questions about Life Insurance policies. You will take responsibility for incoming calls to the department from policy holders, third party solicitors and financial advisors.
The focus of the team is to deal with any issues or questions and bring them to a satisfactory conclusion quickly and efficiently, to achieve a high level of customer service or liaise with the relevant parts of the business so it's resolved.
What you will do:
- Handle incoming calls and process requests in an efficient and professional manner.
- Ensure that any data is accurately captured.
- Managing issues efficiently and resolving these to conclusion.
- Keeping up to date with business knowledge to ensure clients receive the best possible service and support. Full trainingwill be provided.
- Gain understanding through effective questioning and listening techniques.
- Achieve targets for quality and utilisation including service standards on an individual and team basis.
- Adhering to the Data Protection Act, and working within a regulated environment. Full trainingwill be provided.
Your experience will include:
- Front line customer service work (retail, banking, sales); in a call centre / contact centre environment is highly desirable
- Strong IT literacy skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional work ethic with flexibility and willingness to learn new skills
- The ability to prioritise your own work load and meet set targets.
- Experience within the financial services sector would be advantageous
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share plan schemes, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now. Please note: if your application is of interest to us we will contact you shortly after it has been submitted, and we reserve the right to close the advert before the specified date if successful applicants have been identified.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
- <ul><li>Strong IT Literacy</li><li>Previous experience in a Phone