Our customers rely on our stores for everything from a pint of milk to tonight’s evening meal. The role of the store team is to make sure our customers receive a friendly and efficient service at all times.
We’re currently recruiting Customer Service Assistants to join our team. In this role no two days are the same, you could be advising a regular customer with their local shop, to helping a colleague display newly delivered stock, before jumping on to the till to make sure our customers don’t have to queue for too long.
- Delivering the best service locally when operating a till
- Merchandising stock onto the shelves to deliver the best availability locally
- Rotating stock to ensure legal compliance, making the store a safe place to shop
- Talking to our customers answering any questions or enquiries positively and enthusiastically
- Actioning PI counts to deliver the best availability in store for our customers
- Processing deliveries to ensure maximum product availability
- General cleaning of the store to deliver a clean and safe environment for our customers to shop in
- Ensure all activities undertaken are in compliance with policy and procedures
- Ensuring a member of the Store Management team aware of any complaints or issues raised by Customers
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping within the Store ensuring that all working areas are kept clean and tidy for both customers and colleagues
- Ensure that any equipment which is not in correct working order is reported to a member of the Store Management team
- Participate in Store community activities as required
Key Experience, Knowledge and Skills;
- Previous experience in retail would be an advantage, however not essential as full training is given
- Courteous and helpful
- Good communication skills and the desire to give our customers an enjoyable shopping experience
- Able to comply with defined process and procedures
- Genuine enthusiasm for customer service
- Flexibility and positive attitude
This is a rewarding role where you’ll get the chance to make a difference in a local community. With excellent benefits, a competitive hourly rate and the chance to develop, a customer service position with Southern Co-op could be your first step to a long term career within the retail industry.
To apply, please send your CV to . Alternatively, you can post it to the Store Manager at Unit 1, East Anton Farm Road, East Anton, Andover, Hampshire, SP11 6RD.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job