Customer Service Assistant Manager - Student Accommodation
Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary: £21,000 - £22,000
Hours: 40 hours per week, 5 days in 7 per week, between 8:00am & 8:00pm
Our client, a multi-site student accommodation, are looking for a Customer Service Assistant Manager to lead the front of house service, be the first point of contact with our customers, colleagues, clients and suppliers ensuring a prompt, professional and efficient service, in terms of face-to-face, initial telephone call or email enquiries. We are looking for someone to accurately record requests for service, deal with general customer queries and advice, incoming mail and access control. To oversee the day to day management of the team to effectively promote and deal with sales enquiries for the site, to assist in achieving targets. To co-ordinate administration duties as required and support the site team.
- Lead on the day to day management of the front of house team.
- Greet and welcome internal customers, visitors, contractors and clients at reception.
- Work closely with the site team providing a one stop seamless service to all tenants, visitors and staff
- Ensure the team respond to all enquires in a courteous and professional manner at all times providing information and advice when required.
- Deal with any repair requests, ensuring key information is sort, and good communication with the customer always.
- Oversee the termly inspection process to ensure flat/room inspections meet the outlined standards and time frame set out in the inspection procedure.
- Assist in maintaining the security of the property through allocation of keys and the electronic fob access system.
- Proactively handle new enquiries and encourage sales, by way of viewings, and follow ups, and ensure the team adheres to current sales processes.
- Assist and support all sales and marketing activities including managing social media activities.
- Encourage customers to re-book and advise of the rebooking process in line with set targets.
- Lead in conjunction with the Sales & Marketing/Operations Manager to co-ordinate and promote the social engagement programme.
- Provide weekly sales updates on enquiries, viewings and conversion rates.
- To assist with the management and development on the RMS tenancy management system
- To provide admin support for the Purchase order system including chasing contractors and suppliers for invoices.
- Oversee the management of the debt process for the site, ensuring a proactive approach to chasing rent and debt payments, ensuring quick intervention and advise where required.
- Providing recommendations for legal actions where all other avenues are exhausted on debt management.
- Liaising with the solicitors on legal action for debt cases
- Providing accurate and up to date weekly reports for all debt cases.
- Ensure the reception area is always kept tidy and presentable.
- To manage the petty cash float on site ensuring income and expenditures are recorded accurately and monthly top up requested are accurate and approved online with the policy.
- Manage site files in line with GDPR and log historic data on the system.
- Have thorough knowledge of the property, its layout, services provided, its policies and procedures and key personnel.
- Assist the site team in keeping the site clean, tidy and well presented at all times.
- To work outside of normal working hours as and when required (to cover key Check-In Day/Open Days, etc.).
- Promote the site at open days and accommodation fayres where required.
- Work closely with the Student Ambassadors gathering feedback and building strong relationships on site and in the community.
- To assist with budget management, proving weekly reports and updates to support the Operations Manager.
- Attend any training courses where necessary for professional development.
- Work as part of the team to ensure targets and Key Performance Indicators are met.
- Work closely with the Operations Manager and deputise in their absence.
- To maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job and participate in appropriate training activities.
- To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required, and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job, whether that be on-the-job training, in-house training or external training courses.
- To undertake health and safety duties commensurate with the post and as detailed in the Company's Health and Safety Policy.
What we are looking for:
Ideally you will have held a similar role within student accommodation, hotels or lettings
It is essential that the postholder has:
- Strong understanding of excellent customer service
- To be able to act on own initiative
- Able to work accurately and effectively under pressure
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication
- Supervision/Management of staff experience
- Lead a team of CSAs, to optimise team productivity and outputs.
- Ability to prio
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'