Customer Service Assistant - Hendon
Customer Service Assistant - Roving
Ontrak Recruitment & Training are actively seeking committed and outgoing Customer Service Assistant-Roving to join our valued and long standing clients on the Railways.
This role is based at Hendon Station with the requirement to travel to other surrounding stations assisting passengers, and is a temporary role. The hours are on a 24 hour roster with the earliest start of 04:00 and the latest finish is 04:00, the role will include nights.
This is an opportunity to join a well-respected agency with excellent career prospects as further training will be offered and further opportunities.
Responsibilities of a Customer Service Assistant - Roving:
- To liaise with your hub station as well as other area stations and theROC/Control
- Completing weekly assistance report
- Being vigilant and visible to all customers and other members of staff
- Managing difficult situations
- Ensuring up to date record keeping including logbooks, security checks, incident forms and completing British Transport reports
- Help passengers with luggage and buggies (once the parent/career has taken the child out of the buggy first)
- Assisting customers with the usage of lifts
- Communicate effectively with other staff and passengers in the interests of safety and customer service using information systems as supplied
- Report irregularities, equipment failures or any incident affecting, or which may affect, the safety of the line or service to the customer
- Provide outstanding customer service: travel information, passenger assistance for purchasing tickets and updating information as and when required
- Adhere to all policies, procedures, rules and regulations set out by the TOC (Train Operating Company)
- Ensuring the station is always well presented
- Cleaning duties may include the following: Emptying of the bins, litter picking, maintaining rest room facilities and changing display boards.
- Supporting with the implementation of crowd control plans as directed by the Station Manager
- Adhering to HIDDEN 18 working regulations
- Providing ramp assistance - once fully trained
- Dealing with assisted travel
- Working alone
- Using a computer to log all activities
Requirements for the job:
- You will have previous customer service experience
- Good communication and presentation skills
- You must be over the age of 18
- You will preferably hold a clean full UK driver's licence - due to shift start and end times
- You must be comfortable working alone
- Due to the assistance that is required, you will need to be physically fit
- You must be flexible with working different shift times. Please note the railways operate seven days a week inclusive of weekends, 365 days a year.
- You must be available to start immediately as these are temporary positions
Please note you must be able to get to your location of work for a 04:00 start, the latest finish could be 04:00. Please note shifts can be either 8 or 12 hours.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'