A temporary, 12 month maternity cover opportunity is available to work directly with our members within our Chepstow Branch, as a Customer Service Assistant. In this role you will be the face of the Society, responsible for delivering an exceptional customer service by talking to our members and building long term relationships with them. From having conversations with our customers we will be able to help them with their plans through the services we offer.
You will be dealing with customers' transactions by operating the till and handling money in an accurate and professional manner. You will need to understand and comply with all the appropriate legislation and codes of practice, and keep an up to date knowledge of all our products and services.
- Ensuring customer needs are met, through high levels of professional customer service
- Ability to develop long term customer relationships.
- Cashiering duties and cash management
- To work within a branch based environment, as part of a customer driven team.
- Ensure personal goals and branch measures are met.
- Ability to get things right first time through high levels of accuracy and confidentiality
- Consistently and proactively looking at all opportunities to personally develop
- Keeping up to date with financial products and legislation.
- Effectively identify customer dissatisfaction and resolve at point of contact by always looking for ways to put things right.
- Understand and adhere to all appropriate legislation, codes of practice and internal control requirements.
You will already have strong customer service experience with a positive and flexible approach. People skills are essential in this role, as you will be dealing with our members and working as part of a team. You will have excellent organisational and communication skills and cash handling experience is an advantage, but is not essential.
- Recent experience of working within customer service, ideally face to face whether in financial services, retail or other service environments
- You must have a good level of numerical and verbal ability
- Excellent attention to detail and planning and organising skills.
- Flexible, positive, hardworking and driven in nature
- Our success is built on our people serving the best interests of our members, helping them to identify the products and services that are right for them in the most simple and straightforward way possible, so it'll come as no surprise that our people are right at the heart of our organisation.
As one of the UK’s most significant financial services institutions, we believe whatever your career aspirations are that we’re diverse enough to have the right opportunity for you.
Hours: 24.75 per week:
Monday 08.45 - 17.00
Tuesday 11.30 - 14.30
Thursday 08.45 -17.00
Friday 08.45 - 17.00
Plus 3 out of 4 Saturdays a month - 8:45am - 1:30pm