Our client is a world-renowned maker of luxury jewellery and sculpture who boast a loyal and lucrative client base. Their beautifully decorated London store is a testament to their heritage and stands as the UK mascot for their brand.
As a result of their continued growth, they now require an experienced and knowledgeable Customer Service / Sales Manager to support the business owner in championing the exceptional levels of client service this family-run, independent business is renowned for. The ideal candidate must be a people person, passionate about the luxury goods industry and completely committed to providing clients with the highest levels of service. You do not necessarily have to have a retail background but will need to come from a customer-driven luxury industry. As the role will also involve deputising for the owner, some managerial decision making experience will also be required.
- Be the "go to" person for all customer service issues
- Constantly review and improve procedures and policies within the business always ensuring customer experience remains forefront
- Support the owner on any new ad hoc projects (product launches, service initiatives)
- Deal with any logistic issues, improvements
- Contribute to the day-to-day running of the establishment
- Maintain the reputation and build the client-base of the business
- Manage staff rotas and deal with ad hoc HR issues
- Deputise for the owner when they are overseas
Skills and experience:
- A customer service champion, with outstanding communication skills and relationship building ability
- Highly organised with a great attention to detail
- Experience of managing a team
- Commercially aware - you will not be responsible for sales but need to be aware of the impact on sales when making decisions
- Passion for luxury goods, art and jewellery
- Highly professional, yet friendly and personable
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Experience of managing budgets, preparing sales reports etc.
This is a rare opportunity to work directly for the owner in an established company with a prestigious client base. This position is based in central London. The salary on offer is up to £40k plus bonus.
Portman Scott is a highly respected boutique specialist sales recruitment consultancy founded by two highly successful professionals who have previously built their own sales teams. All enquiries will be treated with absolute confidentiality. Only candidates who are currently based in the UK will be considered.
- Customer Service
- Sales Operations
- Luxury Goods