Customer service and production administrator
Reports: Operations Manager
Hours: 9:00 - 5:30, 5 Days / Week
Salary: £18 - £21K p/a (depending on experience)
Hunters’ client is a long established and award-winning Business Gift Distributor, readily commutable by car, bus & train from the surrounding towns.
Our client is looking for a new Customer Service / Production Administrator with responsibility for ensuring that the products ordered from the suppliers are printed with the correct design, on the right product, in the right colours, delivered to the right customer address at the right time.
This is a demanding job, it requires forensic attention to detail & tenacity to identify and avoid potential errors & mistakes being created within the supply chain that will have an impact on a customer.
The Customer Service and Production Administrator will need to be able to manage 100 plus job bags at any one time. It's not complicated but it does require a switched on person there’s a lot of customer relations between both suppliers and customers; the role is the middleman between the two so it is for someone that has some experience and confidence in customer service with plenty of attention to detail.
The right person will have:
- A sharp eye for attention to detail
- Analysing supplier order acknowledgements for accuracy
- Checking artwork approvals for accuracy, typos, mistakes etc.
- Great communication skills both verbal & written
- Having the confidence to deal with suppliers & customers by email & telephone
- GCSE (or equivalent) Maths & English grade C or above
- The role does require checking Purchasing Orders & Invoices and therefore being comfortable with numbers, a calculator, VAT etc.
- Computer literate
- The job is heavily reliant on email communication
- & an industry specific management system
- Problem solving skills
- Learning the intricacies of the industry, of print, of managing couriers
- Ability to multi-task
- A busy month will have 100 orders at various stages of production
- Team worker
- This position is the link between our customers and 50+ suppliers, it requires relationship building with customers, suppliers but also the rest of the team in Sales, Design & Accounts.
This is a busy & demanding role that follows a process but every day either suppliers, customers, couriers, customs, or even the weather will throw in a curve ball that needs to be solved by working with the supply chain.
The successful candidate will be asked to join an industry specific training academy to learn about the industry, products and print processes to help them be most effective.
Industry knowledge or experience within marketing or print would be an advantage but is not necessary, we will train the right candidate in everything that the role requires, recruiting the individual that demonstrates the right attitude and has the necessary skills.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"