About the Customer Service Advisor Role:
This role requires an early start, example shift;
Tuesday to Saturday shift (37 hours) Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - 6:30 - 15:00, Friday 05:30 - 14:00 and Saturday 6:00 -11:00
Rate of pay: £7.38 - £7.83 per hour (Sunday rate: £10.97) + benefits & free parking
Joining us as a Customer Service Advisor, your primary responsibility is to understand customer requirements and translate these into appropriate solutions that satisfy the customer and strengthen their relationship with Smiths News. In particular they will provide excellent customer service in handling queries efficiently and promptly for all methods of customer contact, promoting products and services under the Smiths News Group.
In this interesting and challenging role you will be responsible for:
- Providing excellent customer service at all times whilst operating within company guidelines.
- Considering the customer’s unique circumstances and take responsibility to arrive at a tailored solution that satisfies the customer at the first point of contact.
- Ensuring completion of all administration tasks to ensure time requirements are met and that the workload is completed to the required business standard.
- Communicating effectively with all internal/external customers offering a high level of customer service at all times.
The successful applicant must demonstrate a professional telephone manner and possess the ability and organisational skills to ensure that all enquiries are handled efficiently and courteously. You should be friendly and polite and have experience in dealing with internal and external customers.
We are looking for people who can demonstrate:
- Strong communication skills and the credibility to effectively build relationships with all team members.
- Adaptability, positivity and effectivity when working.
- Ability to work at pace whilst maintaining an accurate, high quality output.
- Highly organised with a well-developed approach to prioritisation.
- You should also have knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel software.
- A good team player but must also be able to work on own initiative within a busy environment.
- The flexibility to "go the extra mile" and full commitment to providing excellent customer service.
Although not essential, experience of working in Newspaper and Magazine distribution would be advantageous.
Part of Connect Group PLC and the UK’s leading newspaper and magazine distributor, Smiths News currently has a 55 per cent share of the UK market and distributes 40 million newspapers and 14 million magazines each week. Smiths News enjoys a 200 year-old distribution heritage, and serves 35,000 customers from its 39 nationwide distribution centres, operating in the world’s fastest moving supply chain.
Working on behalf of all major national and regional publishers, Smiths News distributes a diverse range of print media to general retailers and smaller independent newsagents.
As an innovative organisation with a large geographical footprint of distribution centres and a diverse range of services to existing and new business partners, the Company diversified into new markets in 2014 and launched Pass My Parcel - a parcel service for sending, collecting or returning parcels from as early as 7am, daily, 364 days a year. Pass My Parcel now enjoys a rapidly growing client base which includes Amazon, H&M, ASOS, FCUK and The Wine Society.
In 2014 the Company also launched its Jack’s beans Coffee Company - a Fairtrade bean-to-cup self-serve coffee for consumers on the go.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job