At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
UK Collections Customer Service Coordinator
In Summary, you will be responsible for:
- Working with customers, using appropriate questioning techniques to understand their situation so that the right outcome can be offered.
- Identifying where additional external support may be beneficial and signposting the customer to the appropriate organisations
- Agreeing and setting up appropriate, sustainable solutions for customers
- Being able to clearly explain the impact that arrears/missed payments have on credit files and future lending decisions
- Understanding regulators/industry requirements when dealing with customers and ensuring that you remain complaint to these.
- Developing a deep understanding of the Money Advice Trust models that are available to aid conversations in order to support our customers, and how to utilise these models effectively
- Using judgement when assessing the right outcome for the customer, knowing when and how to step away from the process.
- Updating customer records to ensure there is an accurate reflection of what has been discussed and all agreed actions have been taken.
- Ensuring customers are clear on any actions they need to take to support them maintaining their account going forward.
- Achieving department key performance metrics and continually developing your own performance.
- Utilising appropriate escalation channels when issues are identified
- Being responsible and personally developing with the department, share and promote a culture of learning.
- Encouraging a feedback culture, providing constructive feedback and receiving feedback well.
- Approaching change positively, an advocate for the department
Candidates should have the following:
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- The desire to work with customers to get to the right outcome
- Effective problem solving skills so that the customer’s situation can be fully understood
- A strong focus on improving results
- The ability to learn and develop
- An enquiring, positive mindset
- The desire to be part of a team and the ability to work with peers to achieve collective goals.
What will we offer you?
A great team environment, fantastic workspace with games rooms, gym and onsite restaurant and of course we’ll make sure you're handsomely rewarded.
As well as an annual salary of £23,000.00 you can look forward to a great pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement and private medical insurance. We also offer a host of other useful and flexible benefits.
During training (approximately 10 weeks) working hours are 9am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
Once fully trained the team will work shifts between the times of 9am - 9pm Monday to Friday & 9am-5.30pm Saturday to Sunday. Potential shift pattern: 12.30pm - 9pm Monday -Friday and 9am - 5.30pm on either Saturday or Sunday, with an additional day off during the week.
We are recruiting several positions into the Collections Team to start on 15th July 2019.
We will be holding interviews in June and you will have to be available to attend our assessment centres in order to be considered for the position.
The next stage in the process is online testing then a telephone interview to determine whether you are successful in being invited to an assessment day.
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'