Department: Customer Service/ Contact Centre
Reports To: Customer Service Team Manager
The Customer Service Advisor is the front line of all customer communication on behalf of the company for post-delivery calls. It involves handling enquires and complaints via incoming calls and finding a resolution to customer issues. It involves a level of solution selling to the customer.
The role will be based in our busy contact centre team and will involve answering around 70 inbound calls a daily. The role is highly diverse and will involve any manner of queries and complaints. You will need to use your initiative to find the best possible resolution for the customer and the company as our calls are not scripted.
Key responsibilities & tasks
- First point of contact for customers for post- delivery
- Providing an excellent service to our customers via telephone & email
- Finding, and agreeing appropriate solutions for customer complaints
- Ensuring that all policies & procedures are adhered to when dealing with customers
- Maintaining departmental and personal Service Level Agreements and KPIs in line with Company expectations
- Ensuring all communications, both written and oral, are of the highest standard and in line with Company guidelines
- Taking ownership of customer issues that have been reported/allocated to you, resolving appropriately and following up to maintain customer confidence in the brand
- Where appropriate seeking advice and guidance from Line Management where cases are out of the ordinary or there is uncertainty of the nature of the issue or appropriate response
- Keeping up to date with the Company’s products, services and policies
- Any other reasonable duties as required
- Previous experience in a customer service call centre environment
- Have demonstrable experience in handling complex and emotional complaints
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail is essential
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbally and written
- Have the ability to remain calm in a busy pressurised environment
- Have the ability to negotiate and sell resolutions to the customer
- Have a professional understanding of what makes first-class customer service vital, as well as flexibility, the ability to multi-task and have good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
We operate on a 40 hour week, Monday to Friday - 9.00am to 6.00pm with a 30 minute lunch and 2 x 15 minute breaks.
Weekend working will be on a rota basis.
What we offer
We have a varied benefits programme which includes free parking at Head Office, staff discount on our fantastic products, child care vouchers, pension scheme, fun packed Christmas party, savings on holidays/days out/retailers.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job