Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
£12.19 hourly pay rate
3month Temporary Assignment
We are currently recruiting for a competent and reliable customer service advisor to deal with enquiries coming into the contact centre within a local authority. You will be required to provide guidance and information both face-to-face and over the phone to customers and process service requests for a variety of the organisation's functions.
Main duties shall include but are not limited to;
* Act as the first point of contact for customers to access a variety of council services/ information and assist them in completing service requests both face-to-face and over the telephone.
* Ensure all enquiries, requests and complaints are dealt with effectively and in a timely manner.
* Accurately and efficiently record information on corporate information systems.
* Maintain and contribute to effective working relationships with colleagues and other teams.
* Be responsible for own development by keeping up-to-date with procedures, working practices and business activities thereby developing into a multi-skilled advisor.
* Consistently achieve agreed Service Level targets.
The successful candidate should;
* Have experience of working in a customer service environment, preferably in a face-to-face environment.
* Have a polite and courteous attitude and the ability to be assertive when required.
* Be an excellent listener and communicator, and be confident in dealing with all types of people.
* Have experience of working in frontline council services would be an advantage but is not essential as full training will be given.
* Be proficient in the use of IT and quick to learn new systems and processes.
* You will be working to a fixed working pattern and ideally will be able to offer additional hours and some flexibility occasionally, to help cover holidays and sickness.
***please apply online with your CV and note that only successfully shortlisted applicants will be contacted***
Adecco is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- Contact Centre
- Customer Service
- Complaint Handling
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job