Job Title: Customer Service Advisor - Part Time
Location: Coventry - Westwood Business Park - CV4 8HZ
Salary: £18,000 raising to £18,500 (pro rata) on completion of probation + ad-hoc incentives & rewards
Contract Type: Permanent, Part Time
Hours of Work: Shifts are between the hours of 09:30 - 14:30, Monday - Saturday.
Candidates are required to work 1 in 3 Saturdays, with a day off in lieu during the week.
Do you want to be part of the largest independent gas and electricity retailer in the UK? If so, keep reading…
We are looking for 15 enthusiastic Customer Service Advisors to join our fast-paced, lively and professional Joiners Team from the 4th June 2018. We need Customer Service Advisors who are confident with case management to help us continue to make that difference.
What the role of a Customer Service Advisor entails...
The Joiners team are the first department a customer will be in contact with following their decision to switch to First Utility. They have to ensure that they are passionate, engaging and reliable in every contact they have with old and possible new customers. From time to time processes unfortunately do not go as planned, or we may need further information to set up our new customers account. Our Joiners team support our customers with a variety of queries that can come up during our customer's first three months of being on supply. They listen to customer queries, spot all relevant errors and liaise with technical teams and customers to get the issue fixed as soon as possible.
What you'll be doing day to day as a Customer Service Advisor...
- Consistently demonstrating excellent customer service, through effective inbound/outbound call handling and query resolution
- Sharing your knowledge and skills to handle customer queries and provide clear explanations and solutions
- Where issues take time to resolve, taking ownership of the issue and contacting the customer as needed to ensure they stay informed about progress in order to actively prevent issues being escalated further
- Working in a positive and cooperative manner with colleagues in other departments and teams to solve customer issues and champion the needs of the customer
- Ensuring customers are comfortable and have a full understanding of the various processes which can feel complex and uncertain for them, such as joining from another supplier
- Responsible for consistently meeting or exceeding personal quality and service targets and KPIs
- Taking ownership of driving your own performance forward
- Ensuring that you have a clear personal development plan in place with your manager and taking advantage of regular coaching sessions to improve personal results and your service to our customers
- Demonstrating your ability to work effectively as part of a team, showing respect for others opinions alongside evidencing that you can positively influence your fellow team members to take on new ideas, changes and best practices
A few things you'll need as a Customer Service Advisor...
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written - enabling you to build strong rapport with our customers
- Ability to employ appropriate listening and questioning techniques to identify our customers’ needs and handle customer queries with speed and efficiency
- Confidence to manage own workload and any issues professionally and calmly
- Comfortable working in a target driven environment
- Be a fast learner, PC-literate and able to demonstrate excellent attention to detail, along with comfort with numerical calculations (required for manual bill calculations)
What you'll get in return as a Customer Service Advisor...
- A 5.5 week fully paid training course to make sure you're ready for your new role.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays on top - Yes we don’t open on bank holidays or Sunday’s
- Career Development - with your very own personalised personal development plan to help you progress within our successful business.
- Bupa- Private Healthcare offered
- Pension contribution and team quarterly budget, so you and your colleagues can treat yourselves.
- Inspire and Aspire - an apprenticeship accreditation scheme to aid you to further your progression and development within the Customer Service profession.
- Regular ad-hoc incentives, such as love to shop vouchers, plasma screen TV’s, cinema and restaurant vouchers and more.
- Casual Dress - No need for a suit and tie, as it a smart casual dress code
- Parking - There is parking available onsite or at our satellite car park for all employees
- Den - a large comfy seating area with sofas, T.V, Football Table, Playstation/Xbox and fully function changing rooms including shower facilities.
Please note this is a part-time position.
First Utility is committed to protecting the rights of privacy regarding the processing of personal data. It is necessary for First Utility to process personal data in relation to the recruitment process. Such processing will be conducted fairly, lawfully and securely, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
By submitting an application, and providing us with personal data contained in the application or a CV, applicants will be giving their consent to First Utility to process their details for recruitment purposes. Personal data will not be shared with any third parties. Applicant details including CV, selection notes and interview documents/notes will be held securely, electronically for six months from the date of the application. After this period, all information relating to an application will be deleted, except where an application is successful, where the recruitment records form part of the employee personnel file and will be retained on file for up to seven years after any termination date.
- Customer Service
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job