The RAC are looking for YOU to join an elite team of Breakdown advisors!
If you are looking for a role within customer service then this is a fantastic opportunity to work for a market leader in the automotive industry. There are lots of opportunities to progress and enhance your skills and career with excellent training and development opportunities
Whilst this role is initially a temporary 12 week position there are very real opportunities to become permanent, depending on performance and attendance.
Who are the RAC
The RAC is one of the UK's most progressive motoring organisations, providing services for both private and business motorists.
With approximately 4,000 dedicated staff, the RAC operates from three UK operations and offers vehicle and breakdown services through a nationwide, branded patrol force, focusing primarily on vehicle repairs and recovery. In 2014, the RAC's patrol force of approximately 1,500 patrols attended to 2.3 million rescue breakdowns.
The RAC is committed to making motoring easier, safer, more affordable and more enjoyable for vehicle drivers and road users.
More about the Role
· You will be required to take inbound phone calls from customers that have broken down or have been in a recent car accident. Customers may be in distress so this role does require a candidate who is calm and patient with excellent listening and communication skills.
· The other pertinent duties of the role include:
· Taking accurate details from the customer and following DPA (Data Protection Act) procedures
· Establishing details of the breakdown or accident and confirming the details with the RAC member
· Establishing the customers exact location to ensure the recovery unit is able to get to the customer as soon as possible
· Input the information collected from the customer accurately on RAC computer systems to generate an incident report
· Assist the customer in what maybe a traumatic experience, using empathy and understanding to help the customer get home safely.
· You will work a minimum of 25 hours per week (usually 5 x 5 hour shifts), there may also be the opportunity of overtime if required.
· £7.50 per hour for the first 12 weeks
· The working hours will be in-between the times of 6.00am-11.30pm, Monday to Sunday.
· The role is based in Stretford, Manchester
· Previous call centre/customer service experience an advantage
· Empathetic, understanding, articulate, great communicator
· Problem and issue resolution
· Organisation and prioritising case load
· Geographical general knowledge with general map reading skills
Your training will include an Induction programme, ongoing practical training, mentorship from your manager Quite simply, youll have every chance to progress - and keep on progressing
Candidate that are successful will be subject to a credit and criminal background check.
If you have the above skills and experience and can commit to the working hours and a challenging working environment we would like to hear from you. To apply please submit your CV. Thank you for your consideration.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job