Customer Service Advisor (FTC until November 2018)
Skills: Communication skills, organised, self-motivated, excellent customer service skills, confident telephone manner, strong geographical knowledge, good IT skills,
Shifts: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm (slight shifts)
About the company
Would you like to work for an award winning, leading, global organisation that offers great salary and rewards?
Would you like to work for an employer who was awarded Best Companies to Work for Accreditations for 9 out of the past 11 years?
Do you want to work for a company that invests in the training and development of employees and rewards them for a job well done?
Based in central Croydon with immediate proximity to the train station, trams and buses in the area, travelling to work couldn’t be easier on a daily basis.
Our client believes in engaging their employees, equipping them with the skills and knowledge they need to perform and making sure everyone has the opportunity to progress within the company. You will be part of a growing team, who deliver excellence both individually and through teamwork.
What will your working week be like?
Your main responsibility will be to respond to customer complaints in an efficient and professional way by means of investigation and review, to ensure that the outcome of any issue is fair and reflects service expectations whilst balancing operational and commercial reality against the expectations of the customer. Duties will include:
- Log all written and verbal quality issues and to provide written acknowledgement or immediate response where applicable.
- Ensure that relevant information is requested at the point of logging, and that this is monitored, to enable a complete investigation once the issue is allocated.
- Manage the investigation and resolution of issues that can be resolved within 5 days.
- Effectively analyse information to ensure accurate decisions are reached.
- Manage the timely resolution and effective management of issues.
- Handle calls directed to the generic Customer Support telephone number or via the internal hunt group.
- Accurately assess the severity of issues and decide on the most appropriate level of goodwill where relevant.
- Liaise with external clients, suppliers and end users, as required.
- Escalate issues, where appropriate, to the Customer Support Team Manager with recommendations of action to be taken.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, sharing information and knowledge, to facilitate best practice and effective working relationships.
- Respond to all complaints efficiently and professionally in accordance with AGA SLAs, and FSA regulation where applicable, ensuring our customers are treated fairly at all times.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records.
- Assist with the duties of the Senior Customer Support Advisors where required.
Who will suit this role?
- Minimum of Maths and English GCSE at A-C (or equivalent)
- Proven experience of providing a quality customer service within a pressurised environment
- Well-presented, self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Ideally Insurance/Motor background experience and working knowledge of the FCA
- Experience of dealing with high level customer complaints
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Well-organised with strong administration skills
- Good telephone manner and strong attention to detail
- PC literate and well versed in using MS Office packages such as Word
- Good problem solving skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Flexible, with the ability to adapt to changing requirements
- Able to work under pressure in order to meet strict work timescales
***For your information
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship)
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee
Keywords:Strong communicator, organised, self-motivated, excellent customer service skills, confident telephone manner, strong geographical knowledge, good IT skills, graduate, A Level Student, GCSE’s.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
- Call Centre
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"