Fantastic opportunity offered by a very successful financial services business in Milton Keynes, who reward staff well and provide many perks / benefits. In order to be considered, you must have experience working in office based customer service / admin - ideally in the banking / financial service sector, although other sectors will be considered.
Our client is a global leading insurance broker, looking for a talented individual to join the team in their expanding team.
This business operates as an independent insurance broker in conjunction with online market comparison sites such as Compare the Market and Money Supermarket. They offer unbiased advice relating to Life Insurance, Income Protection, Critical Illness and Mortgage Protection. Choosing the best policy from a range of leading insurers.
The company is well respected employer who have won two awards in the last year for 'employee engagement' - and have held the title of 'Best Protection Advisor Business' for the last 12 years. The company has been recognised as a great place to work. They treat their customers and staff with respect, provide a safe, modern working environment, ongoing training and support and a convenient city centre office location.
To provide full, pro-active support for the adviser team and maximise conversion levels by:
- Effectively working the pipeline to get each case from submission to on risk ASAP, this involves a high level of customer service and being assertive with 3rd parties to ensure correct service levels are adhered to.
- Efficient and pro-active management of pipeline business and existing business.
- Effective communication with clients, insurers and third parties.
- Achieving personal targets on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Processing paper based or 'live’ online applications with clients over the phone
- Completing Trust forms accurately within insurer guidelines on behalf of clients
- Always looking out for opportunities to protect families and referring these onto our advice team.
Key Responsibilities & Requirements
- Able to take information from clients, insurers and advisers and to display that information accurately on both internal and insurer systems.
- Effectively and professionally communicate with clients by telephone, email and letter
- Ensure that clients are updated in line with agreed timescales and procedures
- Professionally liaise with insurers, surgeries and other relevant third parties
- Manage pipeline business efficiently and within agreed timescales to achieve business targets
- Understand and control the underwriting process to ensure applications are assessed correctly and efficiently
- Establish a strong relationship with the team of support and advisers
- Able to correctly complete Trust forms with clients in accordance with each insurers guidelines
- Limit the amount of cases that drop off by liaising with all parties involved to reach a mutually satisfactory outcome
- Highly competent in the use of Insurer and internal systems
- A strong knowledge of underwriting processes, requirements and stances as to why different clients or types of cover may demand more detailed information
Communication & Teamworking
- Liaise with advisers and keep them up to date with their cases where required
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Attitude
Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to GCSE level C in Maths and English
- Successful track record working in a customer service environment.
- Financial Services industry experience (preferred)
- Exceptional telephone skills
- Proven track record of providing excellent customer service.
- Experience of working with databases (inputting).
- Proven track record of high levels of accuracy and productivity
- Proven track record of working to and achieving individual targets
- Experience of working towards wider business targets
- Experience of adhering to Data Protection regulations
Skills and Knowledge
- Good keyboard skills in terms of accuracy and speed.
- Computer literacy
- Strong sense of ownership of workload
- Able to prioritise workload to achieve productivity targets and maximum profitability for the business
- Able to work on multiple systems simultaneously and to a high standard of accuracy
- Knowledge of the financial services market.
- Able to see the wider picture and are commercially astute.
- Able to motivate colleagues.
- Able to confront difficult situations and able to ask sensitive & probing questions to extract information accurately
- Able to be empathetic and deal with sensitive situations.
- Able to influence customers and third parties
- Able to create urgency
- Direct communicator and is able to give good constructive feedback.
- Good team worker and self motivator who remains calm under pressure, possesses high standards and is flexible.
- Must be interested in building and contributing to a growing business.
- Innovative ideas.
- Ability to respond positively to feedback.
- Committed to doing the right thing by the customer at all times
- Leads by example.
- To be Open & Honest.
- Competitive basic salary: £17,000 + bonus!
- Rewarding bonus structure - total on target earnings of £20,200
- Working hours are Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 5.30pm
- You must also work 1 in 4 Saturday morning, 9am - 1pm
- Private healthcare
- Half price gym membership, free Starbucks and other great perks.
- Your own life, critical illness and income covers
- A choice of pensions
- Excellent, modern working environment - prestigious offices in the city centre
- This business have an excellent staff retention rate and offer a long term career path with genuine development opportunities.
To apply, please submit your CV via this website or contact Rachel Locke at Strand Recruitment for more information.
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Telephone Manner
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job