This is an exciting opportunity based within a caring, well-established, substantial and expanding business.
The company likes to employ people who will grow with and add value to the organisation, therefore the potential for advancement here is great.
This is a key role within the company, it's varied and interesting and you will become an expert in the logistical processes involved. You will communicate with many external companies and internal departments. There will be potential for you to get involved in new, interesting and ground breaking projects as they develop. There is a lot to learn and the key responsibilities include:
- Negotiating with transporters to obtain the best overall service and price.
- Planning and arranging collection and delivery of materials from and to various locations.
- Creating customer orders and maintaining contract details.
- Creating and processing purchase and sales invoices and keeping track of stock levels and resolving discrepancies.
- Accurate data entry onto the in-house system, sourcing new suppliers and general supporting administration.
You must be an enthusiastic individual with strong customer service skills and focus, and a positive, proactive character. You must enjoy working within a team but be self-reliant and capable of working well under pressure. You will be extremely well organised, have excellent attention to detail and be IT literate (Word, Excel and Outlook). You will be adept at prioritising and managing your workload and be flexible and adaptable with great communication skills.
You will have a good standard of education (degree educated preferred but a minimum of good grade A levels) and previous customer services or logistics experience. Above all you will have the drive and the desire to learn and improve and develop within a dynamic organisation.
This is a permanent position and the salary is £18,000 per annum plus bonus of up to 10% of salary and there's an excellent benefits package.
- Customer Service
- A Levels
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job