Downing is a fast growing, entrepreneurial investment manager based in the City of London. Our passion is finding and funding great entrepreneurs, helping them grow their businesses in the real economy. Our ability to adapt and innovate to create investment products for our customers is key to our growth and success.
Downing has been raising money for, and investing in, UK businesses for over 30 years. We recently reached £1 billion funds under management, driven by an experienced team which now numbers around 140 staff. We raise around £150 - 200 million a year, with the support of 35,000 retail investors who trust us to invest on their behalf.
We invest across a range of sectors and products, and continue to develop our offering to ensure we are at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to innovation is evidenced through the recent development of Downing Crowd, the online investment platform launched in 2016.
Downing has developed into a large and prosperous company with a fast-moving meritocratic and entrepreneurial culture. Our core values of flexibility, transparency and integrity are vital to everything we do - from the business we invest in to the people we hire.Role and key responsibilities
This is an opportunity to join our growing online investment team and work with the Downing Crowd platform. We are seeking a self-motivated and intelligent administrative/ customer service professional with experience in financial services. You will report to the Operations Manager and work closely with various teams within the company. This role will primarily support the operations / customer service functions in the Crowd team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the listing, on-going management and administrative tasks relating to bond raises on the direct investment platform.
- Addressing customer and operational issues promptly and accurately in line with internal SLAs (Service Level Agreement).
- Responding to customer emails / calls in a timely and professional manner.
- Liaising with the marketing team and provide information to them for communications to investors in relation to bond raises.
- Monitoring system operations and troubleshoot problems.
- Maintaining logs of operational issues.
- Assisting the technical team with UAT (User Acceptance Testing) where required.
- Additional Responsibilities will also include creating process flows and maintaining a 'handbook’ for all the key customer service activities.
- The ideal candidate will be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Word and Excel, a super user of the internet, including critical transactions such as banking.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent customer focus (internal & external). You are able to anticipate and understand customer expectations, and ensure customer requirements are met and expectations appropriately managed.
- You have previous customer service / operations support experience - you should love solving problems for people
- You undertake tasks with a positive attitude and respond well to management and client requests. You are prepared to meet business goals and respond well to change.
- Good planning and organisation skills. You determine a course of action by breaking it down into smaller steps and plan and resource each of these, making allowance for potential problems. You have the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Results oriented and are aware of the standards expected. You can effectively manage your time and design processes to meet and exceed any SLAs.
- You are able to develop effective relationships with all team members.
- You demonstrate good communication, by phone, email and potentially chat. Your tone is polite and professional but also human.
Sense of urgency- you understand the value of helping a user immediately and how that can build a positive perception of the brand and improve conversion.
Discretion- the role involves handling sensitive data in a regulated business.
Skills - excellent telephone skills and ability to communicate effectively when dealing with internal and external clients of all levels. Intermediate IT skills and a fast learner on new systems.
Analytical Thinking- quick to understand a problem and find a situation, and developing an approach to interacting with the situation to both fix the short-term issue and help design a better long-term solution.
Stress Handling- you retain objectivity and proper understanding of a problem or situation when placed under conditions of stress. You are never rude to customers under any circumstances.
Applying standards- you apply relevant industry and process standards to all tasks undertaken.
Good attention to detail.
- Communication Skills
- Customer Service
- Microsoft Office
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'