Accidental Damage Claims Handler
Starting Salary: £20,357 rising to £21,357
Hours: 37.5 hours per week Monday-Friday. Shift patterns are:
10 am-6 pm
Can be based in either location: Bury St. Edmunds (two days in the office and three days working from home)
Are you looking for a customer service/administration-based role with room for professional development and growth?
Are you an excellent communicator who is interested in forging a career in Insurance?
My client is a leading and expanding motor insurance group who are renowned for their staff reward and recognition and are in The Times Top 40 Big Companies to work for.
They are now looking to recruit a Trainee Specialist Accidental Damage to join their dynamic and forward-thinking team.
The key purpose of this role is to deal with allocated Specialist Accidental Damage claims cost-effectively and efficiently.
This role would ideally suit an ambitious and enthusiastic individual, with either claims experience or previous experience in an office/ customer service environment.
The key purpose of this role is to deal with the First notification of loss calls and the associated Accidental Damage claims cost-effectively and efficiently. You will manage your own portfolio of claims and you will be expected to progress these claims within a fast-paced and performance-focused environment, where multi-tasking and prioritisation are key, to delivering a great customer experience.
The primary method of communication with our customers, agents, and third parties is by telephone. The successful candidate will need to be comfortable spending a lot of their time communicating by telephone with a strong commitment to customer service as well as an eagerness to learn.
The role will have the flexibility of working between home and the office and you will be part of a dynamic and supportive team, working to the same goals.
- Complete the first notification of loss ensuring all relevant information is captured to fully progress the claim
- Process Repair & Total Loss Claims following claims philosophy
- Work within the parameters of the agreed business plan for Claims Operations
- Provide support to the Team Manager by ensuring delivery of own performance against agreed objectives, KPI's and SLA's
- Work within agreed processes to deliver the business plan in line with the Claims Operations policy
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure delivery of customer service.
- Answer inbound calls from customers, brokers, and accident management companies in a professional manner dealing with queries, complaints and providing updates on claims.
- Additional administration duties as required.
- Excellent customer service and communications skills
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills
- Always demonstrate a calm and professional attitude
- Ability to listen, identify and resolve customer issues
- Willingness to develop self and new skills
What's on Offer:
- 22 days annual leave
- 5% pension contribution scheme
- Healthcare benefits
- Excellent career progression
- Life assurance
- Discounts on over 250 big retail brands
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'