The Customer Relationship Manager will join an established, successful company who are recognised as a market leader within the industry. The Customer Relationship Manager will maintain and further develop the sales of the company`s product range to key wholesale customers, with specific emphasis on developing customer account plans for larger customers. This role is office based however the successful candidate may be required to visit customers and suppliers, or attend exhibitions as and when the need dictates. The Customer Relationship Manager will be rewarded with an uncapped OTE, pension scheme, life assurance, critical cover, company car, laptop and mobile.
To apply for the Customer Relationship Manager role, you must have a proven B2B account management and sales background, with a motivated, tenacious approach. You will be target-driven, committed to getting it "right first time" for your clients, and be able to build long-term, solid commercial relationships. The Customer Relationship Manager will need to have a full driving licence.
- To grow profitable sales revenues within the allocated customer (and prospective) base.
- Set annual forecast for each customer based on historical performance and opportunity to grow the account.
- Deliver KPI targets, principally individual sales and gross margin budget (£ and %) by month, quarter, annual.
- Monitor sales performance against each customer budget. Identify major variances to plan on monthly and quarterly and take corrective action as required.
- Remain familiar with your customers` order patterns allowing you to identify and therefore salvage potential drop-offs and issues in advance.
- Conduct customer visits on agreed frequency to build strong relationships, reinforce brand loyalty, monitor competitor activity and identify sales growth opportunities, principally new line listings and opportunities to consolidate chicken ranges.
- Ensure effective communication is maintained with all allocated customers and prospects.
- Review product trends within account base, identifying growth opportunities.
- Develop a margin investment strategy by customer to build sales including loyalty rebates, promotional programme, product demonstrations or samples.
- Complete pre- and post- meeting reports and follow through on agreed action points
- Plan and prioritise daily sales activities to help you and your reports achieve your respective sales targets. Monitor the team's performance and motivate them to reach targets.
- Assist the Head of Sales in implementing strategy and best practice into the sales department.
- Be aware of customers` credit limits and the status of their accounts at all times; take personal responsibility not to expose the company to unnecessary debt and risk.
- Use the current customer and prospect contact activities tools and systems, and update relevant information held in these systems.
- Respond quickly to any sales enquiries and follow up on all sales leads using appropriate methods.
- Attend and present at external customer meetings and internal meetings when requested to do so.
• Attention to detail and committed to `getting it right first time`
• Highly organised and professional
• Good commercial understanding, numeracy and literacy
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (particularly on the phone)
• Capable of building effective relationships both internally and externally
• Good business sense and numeracy
• Ability to motivate and lead a team with initiative and enthusiasm
• Excellent communication and people skills
• Tenacious with an ability to work calmly under pressure
• Good IT, budget and report writing skills.
Keywords: Account Manager, account management, B2B, business to business, sales
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven`t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'