Our client, a successful and well-respected financial services organisation, are currently recruiting for a Data Protection Officer. The successful candidate will assist the Customer Protection Manager in undertaking processes in respect of the control of financial crime, complaints and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in line with the organisation’s approved policies and procedures, and regulation.
- To undertake financial crime monitoring.
- To ensure the Complaints Register is complete and up to date.
- To ensure that the Data Register is up to date.
- To assist in the preparation of regulatory returns for submission to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
- Ensuring the customer journey results in good customer outcomes.
- To assist the Customer Protection Manager in undertaking the Financial Crime Risk Assessment and updating the Financial Crime Policy and procedures as directed.
- To assist the Customer Protection Manager in the compiling of information in respect of production orders.
- To assist the Customer Protection Manager as directed in respect of GDPR e.g., processing of data subject access requests.
- Identify and report Risk Events to allow policies and procedures to be reviewed.
- To report any suspicions or actual instances of financial crime, including money laundering and fraud immediately.
Skills and Experience required:
- Relevant qualification desirable (or prepared to study and attain a relevant qualification within 12 months of appointment)
- Attention to detail is essential
- Ability to work on own initiative and meet deadlines is essential
- Financial Services background (desirable but not essential)
- Flexible and adaptable with ability to communicate at all levels is essential.
- Financial Services