Our client, a successful and well-respected financial services organisation, are currently recruiting for a Customer Protection Officer. The successful candidate will assist the Customer Protection Manager in undertaking processes in respect of the control of financial crime, complaints and GDPR in line with the organisation’s approved policies and procedures, and regulation.
- To undertake financial crime monitoring including MITRE alerts and ad hoc reports in line with procedures.
- To ensure the Complaints Register is complete and up to date.
- Ensure that the Data Register is up to date.
- To assist in the preparation of regulatory returns for submission to the FCA.
- Ensuring the customer journey results in good customer outcomes.
- To log all complaints and gather information for the initial investigations as directed by the Customer Protection Manager.
- To assist the Customer Protection Manager in undertaking the Financial Crime Risk Assessment and updating the Financial Crime Policy and procedures as directed.
- To assist the Customer Protection Manager in the compiling of information in respect of production orders.
- To assist the Customer Protection Manager in the production of the data for the annual Financial Crime report.
- To assist the Customer Protection Manager as directed in respect of GDPR e.g., processing of data subject access requests.
- Identify and report Risk Events to allow policies and procedures to be reviewed.
- To report any suspicions or actual instances of financial crime, including money laundering and fraud, to the MLRO/DMLRO immediately.
Skills and Experience required:
- At least 12 months’ experience in a complaints/compliance role within financial services
- CertRBCB desirable (or prepared to study and attain within 12 months of appointment)
- Attention to detail is essential
- Ability to work on own initiative and meet deadlines is essential
- Financial Services background (desirable but not essential)
- Flexible and adaptable with ability to communicate at all levels is essential.
- Financial Services