Unlike a stereotypical credit control position, a key element to this position will be the face to face interaction and rapport building with the Sales days. At the Newmarket sites, there are 12 sales per year, which span across 30 days. There are also additional remote sale days at Ascot and Cheltenham which the successful candidate will also be required to be involved with.
Reporting into the Head of Sales Accounts, there are a number of key responsibilities that you will be tasked with, including but not limited to:
- All aspects of credit control, including debt chasing post Sale days and liaising with other departments within the organisation to ensure the credit worthiness of prospective buyers
- Processing associated paperwork to ensure all horses are correctly entered for sale using the bespoke software
- Being in a customer facing role during Sales days, processing any sales, as well as dealing with outstanding queries from customers
- Reconciliation of customer accounts and conduct reporting
- Additional ad hoc duties at the discretion of your line manager
Due to the nature of this position, there are a number of skills and attributes that you will possess in order to be successful, including:
- Experience working in a busy finance environment, with a bias towards credit control or equivalent being desirable
- Strong organisation skills and ability to prioritise a varied workload
- Excellent attention to detail, and ability to build rapport and recall key information with regards to repeat clientele
- Proficiency in use of excel, and experience in using finance systems in previous roles
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
Tattersalls also offers a benefit package that is inclusive of 25 days holiday (+bank holidays), private medical, pension scheme, and death-in-service. Due to the nature of the sales days, there will be travel to Ascot and Cheltenham required for this role, and also some potential overseas travel to entities within the group.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'