Be the best you can be as a
Customer Delivery Driver
How will you make a difference?
Here's the short answer;
As more people shop on the internet, more Asda Home Shopping vans are out on the road and in the public eye - so it’s vital you drive in a safe, responsible way and deliver with a friendly smile and helpful attitude. You’ll be the 'face of Asda’, providing a vital service to the community. Our busy online customers will be expecting the same warm and helpful service that they receive in store, taking the time to help the less able and building up a relationship through regular deliveries. Not only that, they also expect you to arrive when you say you will, so you’ll work to tight deadlines to ensure all your deliveries reach the customer on time.
We’re proud of our warm and friendly service. It’s what our customers love and have come to expect. So we’ll always expect you to:
- Driving an Asda Home Shopping van and delivering great service, whether you’re driving or helping to pick orders and load vehicles
- Follow scheduled delivery routes, driving safely and responsibly. Bad driving gives Asda a bad name
- Keeping the customer up to date by phoning ahead if you’re running late to apologise and let the customer know when you’ll be there
- Being friendly and helpful from the moment you arrive
- Following the correct procedures with every delivery - they ensure safety and great service
- Not just keeping your vehicle clean but also tidy and well cared for. Our delivery vehicles can cost up to £40K so our drivers take real care of them
- Keep your vehicle refuelled, maintained and operational, ready for the next delivery run
- Making sure you carefully carry out all checks and procedures from pre-delivery to post-delivery
- Occasionally working in store as required, picking products and fulfilling online orders
Being the best you can be, every day
There’s no such thing as great service without high personal standards, so you’ll need to be a great 'people person’, committed to giving our customers great service every day. You must have held a full driving licence for at least 3 years, and have the ability to drive a 3.5 ton automatic van. You must also have no more than 3 points on your licence. There’s always a lot to learn about your job - but with our great training and support, we’ll help you keep getting better and better.
We’re one big team, so we’re looking for helpful, outgoing people who can get along with and support others.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job