Are you are tradesman, site manager or materials controller with a background in home-building looking for a new opportunity? Have you got experience carrying our minor repair work on-site? IF so this could be the perfect role for you!
- Permanent role
- Field based
- £23,500 - £25,000
To rectify defects reported by purchasers within warranty periods and continue the Company's commitment to the customer journey
Area Customer Care Manager
Works with alongside a number of stakeholders including: Customer Care Area Manager, Customer Care Coordinators; and Sub-contractors
- Using weekly job sheets, plan diary and work schedule.
- Return all job sheets to Coordinators within 3 days.
- At all times carry identification when visiting customers.
- Complete all administration and documentation in an accurate and timely manner, including completion of job sheets for emergency call outs.
- Attending to purchaser's defects
- Ensure that all reported defects are dealt with in a cost effective, timely and professional manner to the satisfaction of the purchaser and at the direction of the Customer Care Manager.
- Liaise with the purchasers as and when required.
- Ensure that all materials are available at the commencement of the jobs.
- Ensure that any problems or incomplete work are reported to the Customer Care Co-ordinator immediately.
- Inform the Customer Care Manager and Co-ordinator of any problems encountered or where a specialist contractor is required.
- Complete customer defects within a 28 day period or as soon as reasonable possible.
- Report defects not completed within 28 days to the Customer Care Manager / Director.
- When visiting a customer's property, always conduct yourself in a professional and courteous manner
- Always wear the correct uniform and PPE.
- Take every precaution to minimise disturbance and to protect the customers property at all times.
Health and Safety and Training
- Carry out work in a safe manner, being particularly aware of customers and any children that may be in the home during your visit.
- Ensure that any substances hazardous to health are used in accordance with COSHH assessments.
- Ensure that all electrical equipment is regularly tested.
- Ensure that the loading of vans is within the manufacturer's safe working limits.
- Attend health and safety and other training courses as requested by the Company.
- Ensure you have read the Company's health and safety policies and procedures observe them at all times.
- Report accidents or near misses immediately to your Manager and record them in the accident book
- Ensure your workplace is kept tidy and any hazards are eliminated or reported to your line manager.
- Wear appropriate protective clothing on site at all times.
- Attend all health and safety training as required by the Company.
- 3 / 5 years experience working for a residential house builder as an assistant site manager or materials controller or trades
- Detailed understanding of NHBC customer handover requirements
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to handle complaints and difficult situations
- Interpersonal skills and attitude
- Good planning and organisations skills
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- A polite, tactful and assertive attitude
- Patience and calmness under pressure
- Excellent communications skills
- Good team working skills
- The candidate must be able to demonstrate a career within the construction industry or hold relevant qualifications along with experience.
- Relevant industry standard training (CDM, first aid, scaffold appreciation, lifting operations etc….)
- Good understanding of building regulations and legal obligations
Education, training or qualifications
- Educated to GSCE / GCE standard in Maths & English, and, or,
- BTEC diploma in Building Construction or an NVQ Level 2 or similar,
- City & Guilds in relevant trade
- Valid CSCS card
Education, training or qualifications - advantageous
- NVQ levels 3 & 4 in customer services
- Be working towards or completed an ONC / HND in Construction
- Completed the Bovis Homes or other internal development programme
Interviews are taking place next week, apply today!
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job