Customer Care Assistant (Network Build)
We're building a future proof, ultrafast fibre broadband network across rural England. We're fast paced, energetic and creative. Help us change lives by being part of our mission to bring rural customers the broadband of tomorrow, today.
We are based in Abingdon and have recently moved in to our new HQ. We can offer you a fun, exciting and modern working environment.
What do we do?
We are building our own ultrafast full fibre network to serve rural England. We operate in communities, laying full fibre into the ground to connect customers to the fastest internet available in the UK at 1000MBpS. We are helping to future proof Britain with our network and offer our customers FTTP (Full Fibre To The Property). We are working with BDUK (Broadband Development UK) to deliver the network and we are part of one of the largest infrastructure projects in the UK.
What is the role?
This is a brand-new team for Gigaclear and will sit within our Wholesale Function. You will have the opportunity to be part of something exciting and to assist with its growth and development.
As part of this role you will be talking to members of the public in communities where we are already building our network. You will be responsible for answering queries on the build and owning these to resolution. You will have the ability to empathise with and educate members of the public in the work that we are doing, the necessity for it and how it will benefit them and their community in the future.
The people that you speak with have the potential of becoming our customers in the future, so excellent customer service is of the utmost paramount.
- Responsible for providing full and first-class service at all times.
- Responsible for, but not limited to, providing support to members of the public that have been affected by our network build.
- Reviewing and analysing the issues raised, establishing the likely cause and responding with an answer within agreed service levels.
- Administering the escalation process to ensure that cases forwarded to others for action are traced and measured and that the contact is kept informed of timescales and progress.
- Escalating further cases that fall outside the agreed service levels at any time.
- Answering incoming calls in an appropriate manner, forwarding them to the appropriate person, taking clear accurate and comprehensive messages and forwarding them to the appropriate person.
- Own and manage cases to ensure a consistent and prompt message is portrayed to our communities.
Knowledge & Skills
- Proven experience in the delivery of high quality customer service and complaints handling.
- Ability to work as part of a team or autonomously.
- A disciplined approach to problem solving - takes ownership of issues and ensures quality processes are maintained.
- Creative and 'improvement led’ with the ability to 'think outside the box’ to identify and suggest process improvement changes to enhance our service levels to the public.
- A calm, measured and articulate approach to problem solving and queries from members of the public.
- Self-motivated and able to understand tasks on own initiative.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to liaise and deal with people at all levels both internal and external to the business.
- Highly organised individual with the ability to work under pressure, assimilating information quickly and acting decisively in an environment of changing priorities.
- An interest in broadband, how we provide it, the importance of it and how it will benefit users in the future is desirable but not essential.
- Customer Care
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Service
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"