The variety and pace that comes with every shift as a Customer Assistant at Lidl needs dedication and flexibility. Our stores are open Monday to Sunday so you’ll need to be able to work weekends, as well as weekday shifts. You’ll put in a shift as part of the team to check and unpack deliveries, work on the tills, stock our shelves and, most importantly, help our customers. We’ll train you to be multi-skilled in the many different areas of the store and show you what it takes to keep a store running smoothly – and once you’re up to speed you’ll be a vital part of ensuring every shift runs like clockwork.
Please note that as part of your application you will be asked to complete three online exercises taking less than 20 minutes, designed to provide us with a more in-depth understanding of you and your potential as a member of our team. Should you be successful at this stage, someone from the recruitment team will get in touch to chat about your application over the phone and following this you may be invited to face to face interview.
What will you do?
- Delivery arrived? You’ll start unpacking the stock.
- Queue at the tills? You’ll jump on a spare one to help.
- Notice a spillage? You’ll get the mop.
- Customer can’t find the apples? You’ll leave what you’re doing to show them the way.
- Bakery items popular today? You’ll get some more cooking in the oven.
- Fruit and vegetables looking fresh? You’ll carry out regular quality checks
What will you need?
- Some knowledge or experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- The flexibility to start an early shift at 5am or finish a late shift at 11pm
- The ability to react positively to changing priorities
- The initiative to identify tasks that need to be completed
- The drive to work hard and contribute to the success of your store
- A friendly communication style with your team and customers.
What do we offer?
You will be well-rewarded for your work at Lidl. Not only will you be part of a secure, growing business, we’ll make sure you have quality training and progression opportunities if you want to develop a career with us. As well as your competitive hourly rate, starting from £9.00 with the ability to earn up to £10.10 per hour (*dependant on experience), you will also get 30 days’ holiday (pro-rata), a pension scheme, discount on our products and corporate discounts on holidays, days out, cinema tickets and plenty more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.