Our client, a small family run local dairy, is looking for a part-time, reliable Customer Accounts Assistant. Working hours are 9am-2pm (4 weekdays, times flexible between 8am-4pm) and 8am-1.30pm Saturday. The primary role is to ensure that daily customer deliveries are accurately recorded and that the delivery team is well supported with the necessary information for their work.
Responsibilities will include:
- Dealing with customer account enquiries both on the telephone and via email each day
- Taking payments over the telephone and via the post, and logging them securely and accurately against customers’ accounts
- Accurately recording large numbers of BACS payments against relevant customer accounts
- Keeping the delivery drivers rounds books and customers’ accounts completely accurate and communicating any changes with the relevant milkman/woman
- Acting as the first point of contact for any customer complaints
- Chasing customer debts where an account hasn’t been paid (sending reminders, letters, calling customers etc.) and taking further action where necessary
- Creating promotional leaflets to promote seasonal offers
- Assisting colleagues whenever necessary
As a small, family run business, our client prides themselves on outstanding customer service. With a large customer base (10,000 plus), excellent attention to detail and the ability to multitask in a busy environment are imperative in this role. The ideal candidate will be competent in prioritising and working with little supervision. They will be self-motivated and able to work efficiently in a repetitive but busy role. Candidates will need to have previous experience working in a busy office and/or customer service environment and must be passionate about delivering excellent customer service. Outstanding communication skills (both written and spoken) and interpersonal abilities are essential in this role. Candidates will need the ability to work well within a small team and must be familiar with office management procedures.
- Accounts Assistant
- Communication Skills
- Customer Service
- Office Management
- Telephone Manner
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'