Job Title: Customer Accounts Administrator
Reports to: Customer Accounts Performance Leader
About Good Energy
One of the biggest things we can all do to tackle climate change is switch to clean power. At Good Energy, we’ve been giving people that choice since 1999. We supply thousands of homes and businesses with 100% renewable electricity, sourced from local, independent generators. And, by working with our customers, generators and investors, we’re achieving our purpose of powering a cleaner, greener future together.
We’re now beginning an exciting new chapter in our story, which will see us explore innovative ways to help more and more homes and businesses use clean, renewable power. To do this, we need talented people to join us. And that’s where you come in. Join us, and become part of a team whose day-to-day work contributes to building a more sustainable world for us all.
As a Metering Advisor in our Customer Accounts Team, you will be part of a highly focused team responsible for ensuring that our customers who receive their Feed in Tariff through Good Energy are compliant with Ofgem. The team are responsible for ensuring successful inspections for over 76,000 generators. You will be responsible for helping to manage the Meter Inspection process, completing a wide range of tasks.
- Deliver strong performance against business objectives and regulatory deadlines
- Deliver a high standard of service to customers and generators
- Develop a high level of knowledge across our products and services as well as strong energy industry awareness
- Ensure accurate data entry and maintenance, both internally and with external parties
- Submit and maintain data on Ofgem’s Central FiT Register (CFR) and internal databases
- Proactively manage the customer experience by providing responses to queries in a clear and logical manner, by phone, letter and email
- Manage and resolve complex technical queries and data exceptions
- Collecting, processing and validating generator successful inspections
- Take ownership for identifying opportunities and make recommendations for process improvements
- Complete any other duties as required to support in the effective delivery of business goals and objectives
With a positive and motivated outlook, you will have the ability to work on your own initiative or as part of a team, taking pride in delivering a first-class customer service. You will be PC literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft packages and able to work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Excellent communication skills both written, and verbal are essential with a flexible and adaptable approach to learning new processes and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience of delivering excellent customer service in a fast paced, complex environment.
- Experience of working in a team environment.
- Highly developed communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good time management skills with the ability to proactively manage your own workload
- Strong numerical skills with experience working with large volumes of data
- Experience of using Microsoft Excel - Intermediate to advanced level
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the Feed-in Tariff, Ofgem guidance and associated regulation
- Knowledge or experience of renewables, energy and microgeneration.
- An awareness and understanding of environmental issues.
- Passion for renewable energy.
- Experience of working in a similar regulated industry.
Works in a way which role models our purpose & values:
Our Purpose: 'Powering the choice of cleaner greener future, together’
We are straightforward in how we communicate with each other and get things done
We are determined and resilient, overcoming challenges to realise our purpose together.
We value people’s differences and recognise the strength they give us when we work together
In fulfilling our purpose, we aim to balance fairly the needs of our people with those of our customers, our shareholders and our futureholders.
We also have some amazing benefits that we offer our people, including:
- Travel allowance at all levels
- Green Travel Allowance
- Bonus at all levels
- Pension matched up to 7.5%
- 5 weeks annual leave with option to buy more
- Flexible working practices across many roles
Along with many more benefits
Where to find us
Good Energy is based in Chippenham, Wiltshire. We’ve been here since the very beginning, and are busy planning a new state-of-the-art headquarters to call our future home. We’re just a two-minute walk away from the train station, with fast connections to Bristol, Swindon and the surrounding area.
By applying for a job at Good Energy, you agree that we’ll process your details for the purpose of applying for this vacancy. We’ll have access to yourpersonal information from your application and other materials you submit in support of your application. We’ll retain your personal information on our own systems to facilitate the administration of the recruitment process and we’ll share your application with the relevant hiring manager. We won’t share your information for marketing purposes or with any third parties without your expressed consent (if we decide to perform a psychometric test we’ll require additional consent for being able to profile your personal information). We’ll retain your information if you’re unsuccessful for 6 months unless requested not to at which point your data will be deleted.
Closing date: 6th January 2019
- Customer Accounts
- Customer Experience
- Data Entry
- Energy Industry
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'