Customer Account Agent
£17-£19k p.a. depending on experience
Chatham, Kent ME4 4EL
"We are a credit card provider who put our customers at the heart of everything we do and we achieve that through the people we employ. We are specialists in the non-standard credit market, lending responsibly to over 2 million customers, whilst providing information and support to help them manage their finances.
As a Customer Account Agent you will be working as part of our highly specialised Collections department, providing telephony support to customers who have missed their monthly credit card instalment with the aim of taking a payment to bring their card up to date. This is called rehabilitation - we offer a range of options to help customers do this, to enable them to use their card as normal.
All of our new Customer Account Agents receive full training when they join us and enrol in an on-going training scheme thereafter, to ensure they are fully competent and ready to offer the best service to our customers as possible.
What are we looking for?
- Self-motivated individuals, able to make an immediate impact on our business by building rapport with customers and demonstrating excellent communication skills.
- People who pay strong attention to detail and have the ability to remain calm, positive and enthusiastic - even during busy periods.
- The ability to demonstrate a flexible attitude to work and changing demands
- People who are driven by the achievement of personal and team goals and thrive in a target focused environment.
- Candidates who have achieved Grade C and above in GCSE (or equivalent) English and Maths.
- 22 days paid holiday + bank holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Monthly Incentive Scheme
- Yearly salary reviews
- Share Save plan
- Childcare Vouchers
The team work shifts between the hours of 8am - 8pm Monday - Thursday and 8am - 6pm on a Friday. You will also be required to work every other Saturday from 8am - 1.30pm and one Sunday a month from 10-2pm.
Please note that the intake for this role starts on 23rd April 2018, so candidates applying for this role need to be available to start on these dates.
We welcome applications from every area of the community, regardless of age, gender, race, nationality, colour, ethnic origin, disability, sexuality, religion or beliefs, and believe that everyone should be treated fairly and consistently. We are TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) ambassadors and believe that everything we do as a company should benefit our customers.
Please note: Should we wish to progress your application we will contact you within four weeks of your application. If you do not hear from us within four weeks, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful.
On occasion we identify alternative roles that may be suitable for applicants and therefore we may retain your CV for up to 6 months for this purpose. If you do not wish us to contact you or hold your CV on file for 6 months please contact us."