Customer Accessibility & Inclusion Manager
National Express Group is a leading public transport operator with bus, coach and rail services in the UK, Continental Europe, North Africa, North America and the Middle East. Passengers made 939 million journeys on our services in 2019.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Customer Accessibility & Inclusion Manager, who will provide strategic and operational guidance for the development of strategy, policy and practice in relation to equality, diversity and human rights legislation to customers. You will interpret national guidance and best practice and provide information and advice on our responsibilities under legislation such as the Equality Act 2010 and PSVAR.
As the successful candidate, you will have extensive proven experience providing comprehensive support to a business on accessibility and inclusion for customers. You’ll be able to demonstrate experience of coordinating projects in complex and challenging environments, as well as managing risks, reporting and planning the delivery of our strategy. You will comfortable creating and delivering presentations to a varied group of internal and external stakeholders.
What you'll do...
- Researching, applying and promoting customer accessibility and inclusion initiatives and sharing best practice.
- Providing advice, guidance and support on customer accessibility and inclusion issues.
- Translating equality legislation into practice to ensure our businesses meet statutory requirements.
- Understanding best practice within the transport sector and working towards this for our customers.
- Writing, implementing and reviewing customer accessibility and inclusion policies. Presenting reports and recommendations.
- Lead the development and implementation of equality diversity and inclusion activities which improve services for customers.
- Maintain constructive relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Engage with various business areas to improve accessibility for customers.
- Ensure that responsibilities in relation to equality, diversity and human rights legislation are embedded in planning, commissioning and delivery of services.
- Participate in relevant internal and external working groups, projects and initiatives to provide information and analytical advice and expertise relating to customers.
- Proactively organise external speakers to join third party operator’s internal forums with the objective of educating the business on a wide range of accessibility and inclusion topics that impact customers.
- Manage accessibility and inclusion risk and issues tracking mechanisms and its proactive resolution and escalation processes.
In return, we offer a wide range of benefits such as...
- Free travel for you and your partner
- Company pension
- Access to NX Health Bus
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Variety of deals and discounts available through NX online portal
National Express has a very high focus on health and safety and as a result operates a strict Drugs and Alcohol Policy which is applicable to all employees.
Drug and Alcohol testing is completed as part of the assessment process as well as random checks during employment according to the policy.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'