Curriculum Leader: Humanities
Curriculum Leader: Humanities
Salary £ MPS/UPS (TLR 2B £4,531)
Now is the perfect time to join Sir Herbert Leon Academy as Curriculum Leader for Humanities. This exciting opportunity to join our small but friendly team comes after we have moved from an Inadequate Ofsted designation to Required Improvements with 'Good' for Leadership & Management, Personal Development, Behaviour & Welfare and Post 16.
With our 'broad and balanced' curriculum as well as 'pupils behaving well in lessons, break and lunchtimes' being recognised by Ofsted, Sir Herbert Leon Academy is very much a school on its way to 'Good'.
We know we still have work to do to ensure that all our students enjoy a rich and successful time with us ........ as Curriculum Leader your role is crucial.
- We are seeking to appoint a talented and ambitious Humanities teacher who will join us as a Curriculum Leader.
- Ability to teach History and/or Geography up to A Level.
- Our Humanities department includes a range of subjects comprising of Geography, History, Sociology, Criminology (at Post 16) and Spanish.
- This is a perfect role for candidates who want to gain further middle leadership experience.
- This role would suit someone with the ability to lead by example, inspire staff and pupils alike and who aspires to join us in developing our growing academy.
What we can offer you:
- A professional, friendly and supportive Humanities team.
- Excellent career prospects across the network, with a culture of looking to promote from within.
- Access to CPD to enable you to grow and develop in your role.
- Something we take very seriously is staff WELLBEING. That is why we have partnered up with BHSF to provide support and employee benefits, such as a health cash plan scheme to support healthcare, discounted gym membership and an employee assistance programme.
- The opportunity to use G Suite, which allows you to do your best work, all in one suite.
- Free car parking - also close to Central Milton Keynes train station with direct links to London Euston (30 mins) and Birmingham (52 mins).
- Access to our sports facilities including a gym and swimming pool.
We have been joined by some outstanding teachers who will help us ensure that our Year 11 and sixth form students achieve brilliant results in 2019. As a school, we are bold in our curriculum, having introduced new courses in both Animal Care and Construction. We are committed to providing a well-rounded curriculum, inspiring and effective teaching, supportive structures and a positive environment for our learners.
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners - to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan and BHSF rewards.
This position is required for January 2019
Closing date: Friday 19 October 2018
Interviews are scheduled to take place as soon as possible after the closing date.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CVs. For further information on this position and to make an application please click the following link: https://2pNrnRc
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website http://our-teaching-school/our-school-direct-teacher-training-vacancies for further details.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'