Location: ACL Witham
Hours: Full time, 37 hours per week
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
The purpose of the role is to provide consistency across the Health and Social Care Sector and to plan and develop a high quality apprenticeship and adult learning programme across a wide geographical area. This role will require creativity and innovation whilst continually striving towards improved outcomes for customers. It will be important that this role understands how to plan a viable, cost effective programmes that responds to customers, community, partner and funders expectations and needs. You will be required to:
* Manage the organisation to a high-performing, customer-centric culture through exemplar behaviour in accordance with ECC's Values and Core Leadership Behaviours.
* Manage employees in working flexibly and collaboratively across structural boundaries as part of project or process teams in support of key outcomes.
* Manage the development of organisational capability through good people management, including the training, development, mentoring and coaching of team members.
* Think creatively, challenging the norms, and constructively challenging those around them (including those more senior) to ensure continuous improvement, commercial astuteness, and inspire the same in employees.
* Ensure the proper assessment, management and mitigation of risk, including Health and Safety and Business Continuity.
* Work as part of project or process teams as required ensuring excellent cross functional output.
* Support the recruitment, induction and mentoring of new tutors and assessors, provide supervision and performance management for exiting tutors and assessors record and analyse data through 360 degree review that contributes to the identification of developmental needs of the tutor workforce.
* Provide professional support and subject matter expertise for tutors and assessors that enable them to deliver a vibrant curriculum and course offer.
* Support the development of a contemporary programme, innovative resource base and promote the effective use of digital technology to support teaching, learning and assessment.
* Develop methods for sharing best practice and celebrate success.
* Implement the quality standards across the specialist area, contribute to timely reporting, monitor improvement and identify areas for development that will lead to improved practice and outcomes for learning.
* Contribute to the review and completion of the self-assessment report as defined by the Business Improvement team and support the completion of an improvement plan and the writing of SMART objectives and evaluative statements.
* Work alongside staff in order to allocate sufficient and appropriate resource to each course within a programme and within the constraints of the budget.
* Work with and respond to regulatory bodies to ensure the provision meets required standards.
* Work in partnership for mutual benefit, reaching particular target groups, increasing funding opportunities and improving the overall customer journey.
* Contribute to the programme planning, marketing and sales campaign to build a positive brand image and promote courses to reduce course cancellation and increase participation.
* Develop new opportunities that generate new income.
* Ensure that up to date knowledge is maintained regarding any developments in own subject area and participate in staff development opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Subject specific qualification or proven expertise in Health and Social Care
- Nationally recognised Level 4/5 adult teaching qualification
- Working knowledge of the current apprenticeship reforms and development of new apprenticeship standards
- Minimum of level 2 in English and level 2 in Maths
- Coaching and mentoring qualification or relevant recent experience
- Excellent IT skills including the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Databases.
- Ability to manage and lead change with teams.
- Ability to interpret and analyse management data and complex information.
- Good understanding of the Common Inspection Framework
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Experience of teaching within a Work Based Learning environment.
- Exemplar communication skills to ensure engagement of teams, partners and stakeholders
- Proven knowledge of motivation skills to encourage participation and engagement
- Knowledge of the barriers to learning that can affect some learners.
- Experience of providing support of appropriate progression pathways for learners.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit:
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
- Business Continuity
- Cirriculum Coordinator
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job