CTO - 7 Months - Corsham - £1057/Day Inside IR35
We are seeking a CTO for our Government client based in Corsham. This is an initial contract running until May 2021, paying up to £1057/Day Inside IR35.
This role is inside IR35 - Due to the service of the role this will now be based on an Umbrella solution.
- Reporting directly to the 2* Director Digital Enablement, as a core member of their senior technical leadership team, the Chief Technologist - Futures (CT-F) will lead a small team of Technical Architects, (rotated in agile sprints dependent on the technical focus of activities), but act as the Director's agent in ensuring that Enterprise, Solution and Technical Architecture, and Engineering, implement evolutionary roadmaps for solutions, technologies and architectures that can evolve and mature in line with future technology trends
- Defence's vision puts modern digital capability at the heart of how it operates to create winning advantage, driven by the underpinning premise that emerging technology - together with the effective use of digital exploitation technology at all security classifications - that will enable transformative, winning performance in the business and battle space
- Expressed in Five Enduring Digital Goals:
Digitise the Battlespace
* Responsive Cyber Defence
* Promote information-led Wider Business Transformation
* More Effective and Efficient IT Services
* Capable and Cohesive Function
- The role requires a charismatic and collaborative technical leader, effective at partnering with key stakeholders across defence, government and industry, with a detailed and developed knowledge of leading-edge technologies, and the current and planned technical evolution of these technologies. This should be blended with deep Defence experience, defining the future technologies for defence, whilst ensuring we understand our evolutionary or revolutionary approach to getting there
- S/he will lead on the evaluation and input to technical roadmaps, aligned to business capability roadmaps, cross-Government liaison on shared technologies and strategies, (e.g. APIs and Cloud), and assessment of future strategies and future technology assumptions across programmes within Defence. They will act as a technology roadmap SME to the Technical Design Authority Board, and technical lead across the Centres of Expertise
- As a defence wide role, and directed by the Director Digital Enablement, the CT-F will be responsible for leading, contributing to:
The principle purpose of this role is to provide Technology Evolution and Revolution leadership that shapes and guides the incremental development of ISS and wider Defence portfolios. It is to ensure that technologies implemented today, are a foundation for future innovation and exploitation
- This role is responsible for leading and directing task-based teams consisting of Crown Servants & Contracted Technical Support to translate and exploit Government and Defence
- Technology Policy, alongside assimilating and planning for technology evolution, driving this into effective enterprise change roadmaps for Information and Communications Technology, focusing on beneficial outcomes for the user
- The Chief Technologist will also provide and co-ordinate SME guidance and support to the Design Authority Board (as an ad-hoc member, when required), ensuring that there are planned roadmaps, to assimilate future technologies in Core Architectural Components and Technologies/Tools
- The role will also act as the Technical Authority for the Centres of Expertise, ensuring that appropriate technologies and planned technology evolution is included in the CoE's service evolution and delivery. This will have particular focus on emerging digital exploitation technologies, e.g. Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Synthetics, Assisted Analytics, Enhanced Reality, Device Meshes and Digital Twins
- Ensure the necessary Digital & Technology Upskilling & Education - using industry and Defence staff development investments, ensure that a programme of education and industry sessions enable Digital Enablement crown servants to gather the skills required in current and future technologies. Support the Defence Digital Academy with technology themed streams of education and awareness
- Influence and Shape Security and Accreditation Policy - Work with the security and accreditation policy and process owners across Government & Defence to ensure our policies are fit for purpose, and sufficiently automated and agile, to enable defence to be a competitive force now and in the future
- Continuous Service Improvement - work closely with the Innovation & Architecture teams to identify and implement game changing technologies and approaches
Click the "Apply Now" button now for immediate review
CTO, Chief Technology Officer, Chief Technologist, SC Cleared, SC Clearance, Security Cleared, MOD, Government, MSP, APMP, Prince 2, TOGAF, Strategy, Agile Technical Authority
Circle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Earn yourself a referral bonus if you refer somebody else who fills the role! We also offer an iPad if you refer a new client to us and we recruit for them. Follow us on Facebook - Circle Recruitment , Twitter - @Circle_Rec and LinkedIn - Circle Recruitment.
- SC Clearance
- Prince 2
- Chief Technology Officer
- SC Cleared
- Security Cleared
- Chief Technologist
- Agile Technical Authority
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'