Main purpose of the role
A leading multi-channel retailer, with over 100 stores nationwide and 4
websites across fascia’s and large customer database, is searching for a
new CRM email marketing executive.
As the CRM marketing executive you will be responsible for an extensive
email programme delivering campaign and tactical promotional emails
alongside a growing schedule of email programmes to our customer base.
Liaising with all departments within the business, you will be responsible
for co-ordinating resources and information in order to ensure that e-mail
communications, delivering the business and campaign objectives, are met
and delivered on time.
Working with the web content team, studio and marketing team, deliver a
highly relevant and personalised email communications to customers
You will work alongside the CRM team to test and analyse email performance.
Through this analysis you will help drive continuous improvement in our
email designs, content and omni-channel communications to our customer base.
Reporting to the CRM manager, you will work with them to deliver the
objectives set within the overall strategy of the business.
Communication planning is a key part of this role. You will be confident
taking guidance from directors and department managers and turning this
into an email plan, which you will then be in charge of managing and
implementing. It is your responsibility to propose the email plan, content
and agree it with senior management
You will identify content that will feature in which emails and source
product content from the buying & merchandising team. It is also important
that you liaise with all marketing teams, including national, local, and
other areas of digital marketing to ensure that the email plan aligns with
the national campaign plan and messaging
You will develop content ideas alongside the content team for the email
plan, including newsletter, campaign, promotional and programmes, and
execute approved ideas across all email communications.
You will be responsible for briefing email campaign requirements and work
with the digital content team to deliver art-working briefs to our in-house
studio. Where necessary, you will also brief copy requirements to support
the content. You will work closely with the digital designers to ensure
that all the work answers the brief.
- You will work closely with the digital content team to ensure that all online content is ready for email execution
- Be responsible for the sign off process of email campaigns and programmes
- Co-ordinate with the team to code, build and test all emails ready for delivery
- Be responsible for communicating email content to the business to ensure all staff are aware of the content being sent to customers
- Be responsible for the day to day management and development of email programmes and campaigns and the monitoring of these to ensure these are being delivered successfully
- Be responsible for making selections and segmentation of the customerdatabase for targeting with email.
In order to improve email performance you will need a thorough
understanding of what is and isn’t working. You will work with the CRM
manager to analyse email programme and campaign performance, increase email
relevancy and create a plan for improvement. You will also be responsible
for communicating email performance to the wider business
Continual analysis of programme and content performance and feedback to
management and the digital content team.
You will be responsible for developing an email testing plan, in order to
make sure we are continually learning from our email campaigns.
Customer Benefits Scheme
You will be responsible for communication of information, content and
promotions to members of our benefits scheme through email. This includes a
monthly e-newsletter, dynamic email content and on our website. You will
also be in charge of communicating member promotions to the wider business.
Skills and Qualifications
- Email marketing experience to encompass planning, copy, content development, delivery and analysis
- A passion for digital marketing
- Retail marketing experience
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent time management
- Willingness to take initiative and ownership of projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated with enthusiasm & drive
- Ability to work on a wide range of projects to tight deadlines
- Knowledge of Adobe Dreamweaver or equivalent in HTML coding
- Preferred knowledge of Adobe Campaign or other email service provider management system
- We would love it if you had a keen interest in the outdoors
- An understanding of customer relationship marketing
Alongside your CV, please enclose a covering letter explaining why you want
to work for us, what you could bring to the team and we'd love to hear if
you have any outdoor interests and what you enjoy doing in your spare time.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job