Crisis Peer Support Worker
This mental health charity are so excited to announce that they are looking to recruit for a Crisis Peer Support Worker to join their new Central Bedfordshire Crisis Cafe service.
Post no: 418
Start date: As soon as possible
Job title: Crisis Peer Support Worker
Working base: Flitwick and Biggleswade
Reports to: Central Beds Crisis Café Team Leader
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £13,427.03 actual salary (£20,700.00 F.T.E)
Contracted hours: 4 nights a week, 24 hrs across 2 locations
Working days: Saturday and Sunday night in Flitwick - 2 weekdays (tbc) in Biggleswade
Working hours: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Checks needed: Enhanced DBS and 2 satisfactory references
Background to the role
The Crisis Cafes are out-of-hours mental health crisis services which are located in Bedford, Luton and Milton Keynes that provide a safe and welcoming space for people who are feeling distressed and experiencing a crisis.
Use own lived experience of mental health to support others to deescalate a crisis; facilitate crisis focussed 1:1s and peer group sessions that offer structured interventions and support.
- Own personal lived experience of mental health challenges.
- Experience of using own mental health experience to support the recovery and wellbeing of others.
- Experience of carrying out assessments and 1:1s utilising lived experience of mental health and principles of peer support work.
- Evidence of good interpersonal skills and an ability to form peer relationships with service users and carers.
- Ability to promote a service.
- IT skills (MS Outlook, Word and Excel and internet).
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Good communication, motivational and negotiation skills.
- Understanding the wellbeing needs of and working with people with mental health needs, including those from culturally diverse communities.
Closing date: 6th August 2021 at 5pm.
To Apply and for More Information:
Please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions.
No agencies please.
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Mental Health
- MS Office
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'