As part of our current local transformation work Nottinghamshire Healthcare Trust have received investment to develop Improved Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment Services in the Nottinghamshire areas of Greater Notts, Mid Notts and Bassetlaw. We provide intensive home support to service users aged 18 and over, including people aged over 65 with a functional illness; through a range of referral routes, which include self-referral and work with our community teams and partner organisations to provide a range of support options for people experiencing mental health crisis. This will also include working closely alongside the Psychiatric Clinical Decisions Unit.
The service ‘gate keeps’ all admissions to acute mental health wards, and our crisis house and aims to provide care in the least restrictive manner by offering an alternative to hospital admission through intensive home treatment. Where required, the team support planned admission to wards and facilitates timely discharge from inpatient care, working closely with wards to identify patients who could be better supported in their communities.
We are seeking experienced practitioners to join our team of Consultant Psychiatrists, Junior Doctors, Non-Medical Prescribers, Nurses, Social Workers and Support Workers providing rapid response for adults who are experiencing an acute psychiatric crisis.
We are actively seeking to appoint team members with a wide range of experience and skills. At the present time we are actively seeking to recruit team members who have recent experience of working with older people in either ward or community settings in order to ensure that we are well placed to deliver high quality care to patients irrespective of age.
Suitable applicants will:
- be a qualified RMN/RNLD, Occupational Therapist or Social Worker, holding current registration;
- have experience of working with people with mental health problems in an Acute health care/ community setting;
- have experience of working with older adults with functional illness
- be required to assess, the needs of individuals when they are acutely unwell, develop and continually review treatment plans that enable the individual to manage their period of crisis effectively;
- have the ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team, be reliable and motivated;
- be able to demonstrate high functioning in risk management;
- act as gatekeeper to all psychiatric admissions to adult mental health acute wards when role is allocated to them
- act as CRHT duty worker managing and delegating team work load and responsibilities when allocated this role including triage of new referrals to the team and signposting
- be compassionate, person-centered individual who is hard working and can be flexible in their approach to helping service users experiencing a mental health crisis;
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- be committed to delivery of mental health care in the least restrictive environment
- be able to problem solve and an able negotiator;
- be able to work 24/7 365 days a year rota with the other staff in the team;
- have a full UK driving licence and vehicle for business use is required for this post; however reasonable adjustments will be made for disabled individuals in line with the Equality Act 2010
Appointed applicants will have access to clinical and managerial supervision, career development opportunities, enhancement for any unsocial hours of working and access to relocation expenses for those meeting the criteria for reimbursement of such expenses.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Jonathon Guy - Acting Team Leader
Email: email@example.com / Telephone:
*The closing date given is a guide. We reserve the right to close the post early once we have received a sufficient number of applicants, so we advise you to submit your application early to prevent disappointment.
*We will be requesting references by email. Please ensure you include email addresses and contact numbers for your referees to avoid delay in the recruitment process.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'