Rutherford Briant are currently recruiting for a Criminal Solicitor to join an award winning, full service law firm in Suffolk. The firm are currently going through a large period of expansion, and have grown to 15 partners and a staff of approximately 120. Because of this planned growth, the firm are now looking to recruit in a variety of departments.
In 2018, the firm was 'highly commended’ in the Law Society Excellence Awards for innovation and commended as 'One to watch’ in the Best Employer Awards in the region. The firm has aspiration for growth both in the depth and range of services it offers but also in innovative ways to provide legal services to its clients in the future.
The ideal candidate:
A qualified Solicitor with at least 2 years PQE to join the firms' Crime team. The role requires:
- Competence in handling Criminal matters - including advocacy.
- The ability to build and manage a caseload, work under pressure to tight deadlines and be very self-motivated.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- The ability to work as part of a team and deliver excellent client care.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Full driving licence preferred
The successful candidate will have a strong academic background and will have gained Criminal Law experience within well-respected firms. They will be willing to play an active role in the team’s business development activities and will have a demonstrable drive to contribute to the Crime team’s ongoing success.
- To support the two partners engaged in the conduct of exclusively privately instructed criminal and regulatory matters for individuals and businesses
- To impress clients (and their families) from the first meeting
- To attend interviews with police and other enforcement agencies (generally by appointment)
- To occasionally work out of hours (generally by prior arrangement)
- To conduct advocacy in the Magistrates Court
- To embrace the firm’s "cradle to grave" philosophy of case management
- To instruct counsel where appropriate
- To put client care at the top of the list of priorities
- To meet a demanding, but fair, fee target
- A friendly, supportive working environment
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
- Generous benefits package including: 30 days holiday; Pension contributions of up to 7%; Life Assurance of 4 x salary; Income protection; Private health insurance; Profit share scheme.
- Law Firm
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'