We are looking for a Criminal Secretary to work for our client, a Solicitors based in Middlesbrough.
This role will be to work 4-5 days per week
Main Responsibilities :
- To prepare correspondence and documents for criminal department through digital auto-typing and work processing.
- To administer filing and opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files.
- Undertake any administrative tasks as required.
- Book appointments, arrange meetings, maintain electronic diary.
- Assist with answering calls and attending to clients.
- Attend criminal clients on the phone and in person when required to do so and to provide support in a professional and friendly manner.
- Ensure confidentiality at all times.
- Prepare and frank mail.
- Deliver and collect documents as required.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Legal Secretarial experience - particularly in criminal law (ideally 5 years experience +)
- Experience in audio typing
- Minimum 70 pwm typing speed
- Excellent organisational ability
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good knowledge and experience using Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of Legal Aid contractual requirements and procedures
- Experience using a client case management system.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job