Servoca Resourcing Solutions are looking for a Crime Prevention & Reduction Manager to work as part of the Shared Service Team for Thames Valley Police.
To work as part of a Shared Service team developing and supporting Force wide crime prevention and reduction initiatives through designing out future opportunities for crime.
- Analyse plans and applications, when required undertake surveys, prepare reports and complete consultation documents.
- Where appropriate ensure that Secured by Design and Secured Car Park conditions are considered within assessment and reporting.
- Develop effective communications and provide best practice crime prevention through design advice to all professionals involved in the development of the built environment - i.e. architects, planners, developers, surveyors and other statutory bodies.
- Provide advice and guidance to police and partners relating to the design, planning and construction of the built environment, with the aim of preventing future crime and reducing or eliminating the fear of crime.
- Maintain current knowledge of appropriate legislation and guidance - to include Counter Terrorism Protective Services.
- Inspect and assess the conditions, location, environment and potential security related problems on actual and proposed construction (housing, recreational, retail and business developments).
- Proven skills and experience in architectural design.
- Relevant Crime Prevention experience including knowledge of crime prevention methods and security issues, including Counter Terrorism Protective Security, and understanding of hardware and materials relating to CP techniques.
- Knowledge of current legislation impacting on planning, community safety and designing out crime, particularly linked to ASB.
Pay Rate: £13.79 PAYE or £17.00 Umbrella
Location: Bicester or Milton Keynes (TBC)
Contract Length: 6 Months
Hours per week: 37
Working Hours: 8.30 - 4.30
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job