Creo Mechanical Design Engineer
Our client, a major manufacturer of engines for the agricultural, materials handling, general industrial, construction and power generation sectors based in Peterborough with a globally recognised brand, has just made available a 12 month contract opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team.
This position is an opportunity for a Design Engineer to join the Mechanical Design team and be responsible for the design and implementation of engine test equipment located within the Europe Research and Development Centre.
Key Responsibilities of the Mechanical Design Engineer
- Responsible for the design of components and assemblies which could include engine rigging systems, mechanical systems, driveline components and unique test rigs
- Demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and determination to resolve issues while maintaining high quality standards and excellent communication skills. In order to do this, you will have a good working knowledge of solid modelling (CREO), detail drawing and geometric tolerancing, coupled with experience and a comprehensive understanding of mechanical engineering principles and practice
- CAD Design of components and assemblies
- Completion of component and group drawings
- Involving other engineers and technical resources to address detailed technical problems
Qualifications and Experience required for the Mechanical Design Engineer
- Engineering degree or relevant experience
- Creo CAD experience
- Geometric tolerancing knowledge
- Ability to understand detailed drawings and technical specifications
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Team player with the ability to interact positively with all functions and organisation levels
- Productive and able to manage own work
- Good communicator
- Flexibility and ability to operate under pressure
- Creo Simulate experience
- Understanding of engine test environment
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job