We are recruiting for an experienced Credit Underwriter- Asset Finance for our growing asset finance client based in their Head Offices in Oldham. Our client has been established in the asset finance industry for over 28 years and provide leasing facilities for SME's. They offer a range of funding solutions for business’s investing in equipment, machinery and IT and provide tailor made 'point of sale’ supplier schemes.
Working within the existing Credit Underwriting team of a well established asset finance leasing company to credit underwrite all new business prospects for our own book and the broking out of proposals to other Funders.
- To manually assess all new business proposals, reviewing the proposal form, credit searches, supporting information including bank statements, financial accounts and any other additional information provided.
- To underwrite proposals in line with Admirals credit policy and risk acceptance criteria up to the individuals remit within set SLA’s.
- Make credit recommendations to the Credit Manager/Directors for proposals outside of their remit.
- Where required, request additional information to further strengthen a proposal to be able to offer an acceptance.
- Broke out proposals to other Funders which don’t meet criteria or where we are unable to offer the finance ourselves.
- Build relationships with other Funders.
- Work with the Sales Team/Brokers to maximise every opportunity and work with them to find ways to write new deals.
- Assist the Credit Manager to assess new introducers and ongoing monitoring of those once approved for both financials strength and FCA compliance.
- Must be self motivated and be able to work on own initiative.
- Must be able to work under pressure and deliver decisions within a timely manner to meet SLA’s
- Work well within a small team whilst working independently.
- Have good communication skills, both written and verbal and have excellent telephone manner.
- Be able to build positive professional working relationships with our introducers, suppliers and service providers.
- Good numeracy skills and be confident working with numbers.
- Be hard working, proactive and enthusiastic.
- Good time management skills and able to prioritise workloads to ensure targets are met.
- High attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- Identify opportunities.
- Be willing to take on additional and varied tasks to support the business requirements.
- Ideally a minimum of three years credit underwriting experience in a similar organisation.
- Direct experience within the asset finance/leasing industry and experience of a wide asset range.
- Familiar with the SME market
- IT literate.
- Credit Risk
- Financial Analysis
- Asset Based Finance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job