As Credit Risk Officer , you will be part of a high performing regulatory compliance team who identify, monitor, assess, and mitigate risk. This is an excellent opportunity for any individual that is looking for a challenging and varied position which if achieved successfully could bring fantastic career prospects.
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
- You will need to work under your own initiative and across a variety of different business areas while delivering excellence as part of a multi-functional team and maintaining exceptional levels of quality, professionalism and at all times remaining focused on total customer satisfaction.
- The role involves a wide variety of activities across the Risk team but will include analysis of risk exposures, the recommending of lending decisions, policy and procedural development as well as providing advice and support on Risk issues to colleagues across all the key business areas of the Bank.
- Create reports and returns which may involve detailed research and analysis from within and outside the unit;
- Carry out specific tasks within set terms of reference and defined processes;
- Assist the Deputy Head of Credit Risk as and when required on specific activities and projects;
- To work with each department and the various business units to provide support, advice and guidance;
- Carry out Credit Risk process, enhancements, reviewing procedures and identifying improvements to meet customers changing needs/business requirements;
- Ensure all Credit Risk principles, policies and procedures are clearly defined and regulatory developments are proactively communicated;
- Through regular and appropriate business involvement, ensure all credit risk work is carried out to the required level of competence as set out by legal and regulatory;
- Build effective relationships with the various business units.
Experience within a credit risk role position, ideally from a Finance services aspect.
Experience in working as part of a multi-disciplined team across business units.
Problem solving and excellent analytical skills are essential and you will be a resilient individual who is calm under pressure;
Able to meet deadlines and organise workload according to changing priorities.
Ability to undertake a variety of analysis and maintain accuracy and quality;
A good attention to detail, adaptability, a keenness to learn;
A good team player, capable of working in a fast paced pressured environment;
Ability to build professional relationships effectively, both in the immediate team and wider business.
Strong sense of personal initiative.
Ability to undertake a variety of analysis.
An understanding of Trade Finance whilst not essential is preferred.
Report writing skills.
A good attention to detail, adaptability, a keenness to learn and accurate keyboard skills.
A good team player, capable of working in a fast paced pressured environment.
Ability to build relationships effectively, both in the immediate team and wider business.
Able to work in a fast paced pressured environment, maintaining accuracy and quality.
Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Credit Risk
- Financial Services
- Trade Finance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job