Our client is an International Banking that is looking to hire a Credit Risk Officer to their team at Northwich;
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
As a Credit Risk Officer will need to work under their own initiative and across a variety of different business areas while delivering excellence as part of a multi-functional team and maintaining exceptional levels of quality, professionalism and at all times remaining focused on total customer satisfaction.
The role involves a wide variety of activities across the Risk team but will include analysis of risk exposures, the recommending of lending decisions, policy, and procedural development as well as providing advice and support on Risk issues to colleagues across all the key business areas of the Bank.
- Create reports and returns which may involve detailed research and analysis from within and outside the unit;
- Carry out specific tasks within set terms of reference and defined processes;
- Assist the Deputy Head of Credit Risk as and when required for specific activities and projects;
- To work with each department and the various business units to provide support, advice, and guidance;
- Carry out Credit Risk process, enhancements, reviewing procedures and identifying improvements to meet customers changing needs/business requirements;
- Ensure all Credit Risk principles, policies and procedures are clearly defined and regulatory developments are proactively communicated;
- Through regular and appropriate business involvement, ensure all credit risk work is carried out to the required level of competence as set out by legal and regulatory;
- Build effective relationships with the various business units.
- Person/Experience required:
- Experience within a credit risk role position, ideally from a Finance services aspect.
- Experience in working as part of a multi-disciplined team across business units.
- Problem solving and excellent analytical skills are essential and you will be a resilient individual who is calm under pressure;
- Able to meet deadlines and organise workload according to changing priorities.
- Ability to undertake a variety of analysis and maintain accuracy and quality;
- A good attention to detail, adaptability, a keenness to learn;
- A good team player, capable of working in a fast paced pressured environment;
- Ability to build professional relationships effectively, both in the immediate team and
- wider business.
- Strong sense of personal initiative.
- Ability to undertake a variety of analysis.
- An understanding of Trade Finance whilst not essential.
- Report writing skills.
- A good attention to detail, adaptability, a keenness to learn and accurate keyboard skills.
- A good team player, capable of working in a fast paced pressured environment.
- Ability to build relationships effectively, both in the immediate team and wider business.
- Able to work in a fast paced pressured environment, maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word.
Our client is committed to helping their employees reach their full potential through providing continuous learning opportunities, and the tools and training to help them grow. They encourage a sense of individual ownership whilst fostering team spirit and are firmly committed to the diversity of our workforce. They are proud to have achieved the Investors in People Gold accreditation, which is recognised across the world as a mark of excellence.
They are guided by our Core Values:
- Passion for Customers
- Empowered Employees