Credit Risk MI Manager (SAS/SQL) £45k-£60k + Bonus+Benefits
Are you ready for a change?
You will be responsible for the management of qualitative and quantitative analysis across the Credit Risk team, this is related to new and existing mortgage propositions using financial and market information, commercial information collated directly from the customer and transactional data provided by business intelligence providers. This pivotal role requires the ability to drive insight from data, assess the financial impact and recommend action.
Could you lead the risk business unit for this secured lending division?
What will you do?
- Deliver mortgage acquisition strategies in order to maximise customer service without compromising credit standards.
- Key reporting and analysis on new lending and portfolio asset quality, risk appetite, adherence to policy and loss performance.
- Support change initiatives and projects.
- Ensure that the mortgage acquisition strategy is compliant with the appropriate regulations.
- Develop and provide Credit Risk MI for new and existing products/strategies to ensure effective oversight of the credit risk life cycle
- Oversee the performance of credit and collection strategies. Analyse trends.
- Develop, implement and maintain an analysis framework to aid decision making at all levels.
- Implement strategies that minimise risk, bad debt and costs, contributing to the delivery of the bad debt and fraud loss budget.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert on all areas of mortgage strategy, decisioning and systems.
It is certainly an extremely varied and wide role. It will be challenging, it will keep you stimulated and it will keep you busy. You'll also be involved in, from a Risk perspective…
- New Product Development
- Managing processes, infrastructure and resources needed to deliver agreed targets
- Performance management, managing employee engagement
- Monitor technical and professional developments
- Degree educated, preferably in a numerate or scientific subject
- Experience using SAS & SQL is essential
- At least 2-3 years in a Credit Risk, data driven analytical role.
- Experience of secured lending / mortgages preferred but other unsecured lending, loans/card experience considered
Is the time right for you to move your career forward?
This could suit a Credit Risk Analyst / MI Analyst / Senior Analyst wanting a promotion? You might already be a Credit Risk or MI Risk Manager Manager at a retail bank or building society and want more variety in your job, different challenges and greater autonomy? Whatever your situation, this really is a great role with a great company with huge potential to progress.
For immediate consideration, please send your CV to Stuart Daniel.
Credit Risk, Credit Risk Analyst, Credit Risk Manager, Senior Credit Risk Analyst, Analyst, Analytical, Analysis, Analyses, Mortgage, Secured, Lending, Loans, Credit, Qualitative, Quantitative, MI, Management Information, Reports, Reporting, Policy, Procedure, Strategy, SAS, SQL, Bad Debt, Loss, Leadership, Management, Mortgages, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, Banking
- Management Information
- SQL Credit Risk
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job