Our client, a specialist lending business in Basingstoke, are currently recruiting for a Credit Risk Manager to join the team. You will support the Credit Director in overseeing the operational activity of the Credit Department on a day-to-day basis, as well as to drive forward development of credit and fraud risk analytics.
- Merchant analysis and approval ranging from small merchants to large groups - within agreed SLAs.
- Developing, maintaining and improving credit risk statistical models, strategies, reporting, procedures and decision systems to manage decisions throughout the credit lifecycle, including in conjunction with debt collection agencies.
- Identifying, testing and promoting new tools, techniques and data sources to enhance analytics capability and provide competitive advantage.
- Testing of continually developing front-end and back-end systems.
- Defining and providing analyses to manage credit portfolios against agreed performance indicators.
- Working on a range of analytical projects with minimum guidance.
- Providing support to business areas where queries arise regarding risk strategies.
- Work to ensure, through accurate specifications, testing and post implementation reviews, that solutions devised from their projects are implemented - including new product development.
- Working closely in partnership with Sales to hit the organisational objectives
- Presenting to Senior Management
- Broad knowledge and rounded experience ideally gained in consumer and B2B credit risk environments.
- Experience of working with consumer scorecards.
- Experience of fraud risk would be desirable.
- Role relevant qualifications.
- Past working experience on relevant systems, i.e. having applied mathematical/statistical techniques to data.
- Experience of using relevant software packages, i.e. Microsoft SQL Server.
- Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of Point of Sale Loans is desirable but not essential.
- A flexible and adaptable approach to change and a willingness to support others to respond in a similar way.
- Achieved targets and met expectations whilst supporting and encouraging others to do the same.
- Both spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered.
- Contributed productively to team objectives, sometimes supporting and sometimes leading activities to achieve shared goals.
- Experience of making timely and rational decisions, based on relevant information and experience.
- Planned projects and activities systematically in line with business priorities, using a variety of analysis and problem-solving techniques.
This is a full-time position working Monday - Friday.
Our client offers excellent career progression opportunities, employee benefits and a dynamic working environment.
Please apply online to be considered.
- regulatory reporting
- fraud prevention
- credit scoring
- fraud detection
- portfolio analytics
- credit analysis
- loss forecasting
- credit reviews
- credit risk manager
- merchant risk
- retail risk analytics
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job