POSITION - Credit Risk Analyst
LOCATION - Porto, Portugal (Relocation Package Available)
SALARY - 30,000-35,000 Euros (depending on experience)
Credit Risk Analyst (Covering USA Region)
We are looking for an energetic and passionate Credit Risk Analyst. You will be working for a global Logistics company based in a shared service centre in Porto. The Credit Analyst will administer and manage various credit operations functions and will evaluate and approve lines of credit up to the assigned limit per company policy. The Credit Analyst will perform financial statement analysis and provide executive-level written credit line recommendations to management for approval as required by the established Credit Policy authorization levels. (Good spoken and written English required.)
Salary & Benefits:
- 30-35k Euros per annum
- Lunch Vouchers
- Process credit applications for new and existing customers and perform related credit investigations; document new accounts log accordingly.
- Ensure timeliness of the credit approval process, including working with branch operations to attain smooth and timely processing.
- Process requests for credit pre-screens
- Assess prospective and existing customers’ credit and financial statement information in order to recommend new limits and maintain or increase existing limits as needed. Perform financial analysis and provide executive-level written credit line recommendations for approval as required by the established Credit Policy authorization levels.
- Review over-limit cases to determine where credit line increases may be justified, or where other corrective action may be needed to mitigate risk. Document such cases on the credit limit infraction log. Escalate cases to the Director of Credit as needed.
- Review and approve billing override requests.
- Evaluate, make recommendations and execute improvements in tasks and processes in the credit department
- Build strategies that strengthen working relationships with internal and external customers
- Interact with branch operations to provide information on credit processes and to resolve customer credit-related problems or questions that may arise
- Monitor cases assigned to collection agencies for recovery and review cases with Collections Manager and in-house counsel where pursuing legal action is recommended.
- Organize and maintain e-credit files and related material in share drive folders
- Degree in Accounting/Finance or related field
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Ability to analyze financial statements with an ability to understand and interpret financial ratios
- 5+ years’ experience in credit risk underwriting, preferably in the logistics industry.
English is the principal language for this position. This position requires good business writing and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and other technical software is required.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'